Why did I fail?* Did I take the wrong route?* Was I too eager or did I quit too early?* These are post-failure questions that wouldn’t just go away no matter how you will them to.* Why?* It’s because they need to be answered.* You want to know just what happened along the way, where you messed up and how.
Setting Unrealistic Goals
Perhaps the most important thing is setting a goal and not a dream.* The difference between the two is that goals have deadlines.* With dreams, you merely wish for it to happen.* You don’t expect to achieve it in, say, a year or two because you couldn’t tell when you’d get lucky or when destiny will allow it to happen.* Ask yourself.* Did you have your heart set on a realistic plan or did your plan involve reliance on luck or fortune?
Not a Boy Scout?
Being prepared and armed with necessary skills is the key.* Check if you’ve covered all angles.* Did you set out a concrete plan and take into consideration all factors that can affect the probability of succeeding?* Or did you forget a few external issues, say for example, inflation rates?* A goal as simple as saving ten thousand bucks to buy a laptop before the year ends can fail if you overlook inflation rates and the time value of money.* What costs a hundred today may cost you twice as much in a year’s time.* This means saving for an item that costs ten grand today will not allow you to buy it after a year since its cost will rise up to more than what it is today.* You say, what if the price goes down, lucky you, I say.* But then again, this is no longer a goal, it’s a dream.
Are you a Quitter?
Giving up too early is the most common mistake you can do.* Declaring that you’re a failure, the first sign of an unpleasant event, is a no-no.* Don’t focus on small errors you made.* Instead, learn from these and find another approach.* Never let irregularities, limitations, and slip-ups discourage you.* Think of it this way.* What if it was the final test, the last barrier?** What if past that last hurdle is triumph?* You’ll never know this unless you give it another try.
You may say it’s a cliché, but failures and mistakes are really not the end.* You fail because you defeat your own self.* You give up even before you reach your target.* You set high goals, expect too much but are willing to do too little.
So now you know why.
</img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img>