Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 98 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Drummer

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best Drummer

A big, big QFT on that.

I kind of wish we had a reference system to give one-ups to each other (as long as people didn't abuse it like it was a popularity contest).

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best Drummer

It's very hard to look past Bonham, really...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best Drummer

There is nothing factual about this list, i wouldnt have a problem if you admited it.

Bill Bruford >>> Mike Portnoy.

And Danny Carey is NOT the best drummer of all time, hes close, but no.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best Drummer

its not that you dont have the energy, you just dont know what to say because you know that what i say is right. I wish i did include him on there in a way, so you could see how you would be the only one who voted for him. Boo boo, what are you the drummer technicality judge? Who are you to say who is better technically? Bonzo would be rolling in his grave if he could read your ignorant post

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best Drummer

chris adler or Nick McWells. Larab of God and Droid drummers.
    dave grohl is really good to. he laid all the tracks for tenacious d and the devil's drum solo in beelzeboss is badass. one of the best.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best Drummer

I've seen Neil Peart do some amazing things with his gigantic drumkit, but after seeing "Moby ****" on How The West Was Won, Bonham pulled ahead of all other rock drummers for me.

Of course, it is my belief that Danny Carey comes up with the coolest drum beats, because he has the more experimental music to work with.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best Drummer

i agree with the drummers chosen though danny carey would be my favourite out of those choices, his drumming is dare i say it melodic its like hearing riRAB.

So here is my alternate list of drummers, now there are probably better drummers out there technically but these drummers have all been major influences in the scene in which im involved. i would like to hear other peoples opinion...
    Mat skitz from Damaged, ignore purified in pain the musics fine but the vocals ruin the album. Now Mat has one of the most unique and mental styles he hits so hard and was so fast but was also interesting, probably one of the best drummers ever it was a pity that damaged had so many problems, they were going to be huge, pantera and fear factory in there peak were jealous. And he didnt trigger his drum kit (well sometimes the kick drum) so he had to hit hard to get that sound.
    Paul Bostaph for slayers Divine Intervention, have a listen it sounRAB like its just about to fall apart the whole time but never quite does also a hard hitting drummer, never used triggers ever the drums on sex murder art or serenity in murder are phenominal.
    Tomas Haake meshuggah, never seen him play but this mans technicallity and originality is truely spectacular, i love covering one of there songs every now and then for a real challenge, the drummer hates me for it.
    DAnny carey for the above reasons
    dave lorabardo for me especially for his work in fantomas, its so different and so difficult and so creative ****ing amazing.

now my list is in the the're great players but everythings triggerd even the toms so isnt that cheating you dont have to hit so hard to get a huge sound and its easyer to go fast catogory
    Flo m from cryptopsy, phenominal tech and speed and creativity always a bad choice in singers
    berzerka drummer for second album so fast apparantly is in the guiness book of recorRAB for being the fastest drummer.
    devolved
    gene hoglan for being fat and fast i love what he does in SYL

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best Drummer

Good choice young lad, though Alan White and Bill Bruford should have been mentioned IMO, and Terry Bozzio....Im going with the Peart man.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best Drummer

Well, for me personally, Danny Carey is my all-time favourite drummer. But regarding the best drummer, for me it would be a close call between Peart and Carey. I'm just not that awed by Jordison's drumming.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best Drummer

My wfie went to see them, she went with her ex, so I think her meory of the experpeince might be a little clouded by the fact she mostly wishes to forget him, rather than the band! She said it was a pretty amazing show, all things considered!

Growing up and living in Australia for the first 30 years of my life, I kinda missed out on ther whole Rush experience... perhaps i need to be educated in all things Rush - they sound like they may be right up my alley musically speaking...but where would one start with such a band that has been around so long?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information