Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 98 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Drummer

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best Drummer

I can understand you thinking Neil Peart is over the top, but I really don't think Danny Carey is... don't mistake chops for showing off. His parts are quite technical, but also very fitting... he has excellent feel. And I didn't have to endure any sort of drum solo when I saw Tool live.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best Drummer

ginger baker.. He is very - something- .I dont know any of those people.. max from conan. I always thought joey jordison had amazing energy. I think that any vote is biased to the persons liking. music is more opinionated then fact, so a choosing of the best is improbable, but asking who is the favorite is more likely.
    Ill vote for Max from conan o brien...It is nice to watch conan make fun of him.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best Drummer

Different styles require different drum sets.

While it would be silly to drum for a punk or indie band with the kinda drum set Terry Bozzio uses, it would be impractcal to drum for a prog or metal band with this.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best Drummer

I think he was just saying that Meg White is underrated as a drummer, i dont think he was saying she was one of the best, i think he chose to mention her simply because shes a drummer and this is a drummer related thread, which makes sense.

I also think people dont give her enough credit, but i freely admit that shes nowhere near one of the best.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best Drummer

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Aside from Peart and Portnoy those are rather lame choices.

Jason Rullo from Symphony X is very good and so is Johan Langell from Pain Of Salvation, but you're saying it like Carey cant compare, which is basicly bollocks, even the most passionate Tool haters appreciate Careys skill and experience as a musician, maybe you should too...Im far from a Tool fanboy, but your lame attempts to strip the band of all credibility is starting to piss me off, you need to cut it out.

And Bonham?...You really werent trying then, im the biggest Zephead you will ever meet, on this forum especialy, and i love Bonham, but skill was never his greatest strong point, like Moon he could be sloppy at times, and his drumming is more intense than it is complex, dont get the two confused.

I could name a handful of better drummers than Bonham, Danny Carey being one of them.

This may piss the zepheaRAB off, but hopefuly they will realise that im talking about pure skill, not greatness or coolness or influence.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best Drummer

Hey fucker. Im seriously sick of you.
    Your an ignorant cunt who thinks all rap sucks even though he hasnt heard rap.
    and your bitching about my grammar when you start a sentence with "and?"
    Shutup you filthy hypocrite.
    Quit getting off subject as i said pointing out all my errors doesn't help your case. If anything it makes it look like you read that "how to be a troll" thing on floating around on the internet.
    I think joey jordison is an amazing drummer.
    and I'd vote for him cause i think hes better then all of them.
    But hell people didn't die for america so i could voice my opinion freely now did they?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best Drummer

I dont really take these 'best drummers of all time' lists really all that seriously as to me it is just somebodys opinion just like mines or anybody else's ; just because they write for a magazine doesnt mean they have the godlike say in 'whos the best', I really dont care whos the best I listen to music that I like and that moves me and dont really give two ****s about what people think. In no particular order my favourite drummers are
    John Bonham (Led Zeppelin)
    Steve White (Paul Welller)
    Jack Irons (Early RedHotchiliPeppers/Pearl Jam/Solo) (he also played on the Neil Young/Pearl Jam collabaration album 'Mirrorball' on which I think the drumming is nothing short of fantastic')
    To be honest I aint really that big on drummers although there are a few who really stick out to me anyway.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best Drummer

Her drumming sounded awful in the Conquest cover..

Best Drummer

Indeed sir.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best Drummer

gtfo

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information