Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Drummer

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best Drummer

Thomas Lang could do that in his sleep.

[YOUTUBE]r9bFPsVtXgY[/YOUTUBE]

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best Drummer

Okay so Carey is overated because he doesn't play the style of drumming that impresses you most? It doesn't make him overated in the overall scheme of things because he is still diverse, original, and definitely more then capable.

To put this into context, Space Prog impresses me, it floats my boat, I don't call the Rolling Stones overated because they don't do Space Prog. The Rolling Stones are rated highly because of OTHER attributes. Danny Carey may not impress you personally but he is far better overall then 99% of the other drummers in the world today.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best Drummer

*cough* Get me a double bass, 20 cyrabals and 10 drums, and I'll play what he plays, seriously, the guy who's "pro" got schooled by some kid from Africa I think. I'm not sure, but I heard they had this competition, and the kid played Joeys part with the double bass, with 1 foot, and the other foot he used to hit a cow bell. Joey Jordison is not talented at all. And just to save you time, don't say "well he can drum upside down" because he stole that from Buddy Rich, who by the way, is 100000000000000000000x the drummer Joey will ever be and he only had a 5 pc kit with 3 or 4 cyrabals.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best Drummer

He did play with a broken arm once though. Bit pointless but i respect it nonetheless.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best Drummer

Zach Hill anyone? I never see his name mentioned in any 'best drummer' discussions. It always seems to be the same Neil Pert, John Bonham, ect. which I have no problem with, they are great drummers. Just curious to see what people think of him, I see plenty of hate of his drumming because of his unconventional style and all, but I also see quite a bit of praise. People seem to love or hate the guy. He is one of my favorite drummers, his work with Hella and his solo work are great.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best Drummer

Jimmy Charaberlin is the best.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best Drummer

Most of those bassists are probably better than Myung.

Myung is very technically proficient. He is able to double Petrucci's guitarwork effectively - he has some very fast fingerwork.

But I have never heard him write anything remotely interesting - and I haven't heard any groove from him.

I'm not saying, Myung can't write interesting or groovy basslines (he probably can), but I haven't seen any yet. Even when he does, I highly doubt he could compete with Pastorius, Wooten etc.

I find Mike Portnoy to be quite a good drummer. But there are better drummers. Personally, I find Neil Peart, Danny Carey, Martin Lopez, Mike Mangini, and many jazz drummers superior to Portnoy either because they're more technical, have more interesting styles/drumlines or just have better feel.

Don't get me wrong though - Portnoy is quite skilled and from what I've heard of Dream Theater, he's improving.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best Drummer

Everyone from NZ hates me. Wait a second, that's good I think...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best Drummer

i really dont care about the grammar as much as the fact that i can not understand what he is trying to say about the black guys with guns and that i think that all black guys carry guns or whatever i dont get it. obvisously it doesnt matter if you capitalize the starting worRAB of a sentence and everything in a stupid forum, and if i recall misfitspunk said he does not think joey jordison is the greatest of all time, yet in his last post he said he would have voted for him, yet this forum is for who you think the greatest drummer is. Who is the hypocrite again?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best Drummer

Geofff Haba from Mother Tongue is a fantastic drummer check out 'Burn Baby' from their self titled album...amazing!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information