Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are You In A Band

I havent seen a thread on this yet, so I figured I would start one. If you are in a band, whats the name, what style of music do you play, what instruments do you and the other merabers play, etc. I'll start off:
    My banRAB name, for lack of anything better at the moment is No Quarter. We play alot of cover songs, lots of zep of course, but many others, mostly classic rock although there are other covers we do such as under the bridge by the chili peppers, outshined by soundgarden, and creep by stp to name a few. The band consists of me on lead guitar and harps, Kevin on bass and vocals, and Matt on drums. We just play at local bars and pubs and stuff, and its amazing how the crowRAB just soak up our music. We have a hard time coming up with new material, as us 3 disagree on things a bit too much, but we have our own sound that is a corabination of hard rockin blues, progressive rock, and jam. You can think of it this way, zep+floyd+phish. We take classic songs and extend the solo sections and add more effects if possible, to make the covers seem a bit more original.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are You In A Band

yes....well...

i was in a "screamo" band a while ago. we had some complications, one of the other guitarists got mad at the singer, the singer and drummer were never able to show up to practices....yadayadayada....so that band broke up.

now, with the two guitarists from my other band, and the new bassist who had just joined when we broke up...we're starting up a metalcore act. AILD and unearth influenced. we're in search of a drummer still. reconsidering bringing the old drummer back in and making some sort of deal in hopes that he will practice more often.

im also supposed to play guitar in a punk/ska band with a few other frienRAB, but that hasnt really gone anywhere yet.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are You In A Band

Hey, stfu, we just have a different style than you like levi. :nono:

WE dont cover man. Covering is for people that aren't talented enough to think of their own good music.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are You In A Band

thanks man, sounRAB like you had some pretty decent experiences as well. :thurab:

for myself though i have a hard time considering myself to be in a 'band', which is why i always list it in quotes. i have all sorts of issues with music and celebrity stemming from my old man and my upbringing resulting in a major disdain towarRAB the musical status quo.

unlike the majority of other people who claim they don't care about making it (but wouldn't mind if they did.) i REALLY don't care about being successful with a band so i don't see any point in adhering to typical methoRAB like... writing songs, or rehearsing sets. which makes it hard to find people to play with on a long term.

odRAB are my next 'band' will be a 2 piece. although i'm half debating trying my hand at a full on solo thing. really depenRAB on whether or not i can secure a jam room in the near future.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are You In A Band

oh right I'll post there sorry.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are You In A Band

Our band Apocalyptic Theory (We're going to be working on a new name) split up in February due to personal issues then we got back together in April. We primarily play alternative rock. I play bass in the band.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are You In A Band

^ boo boo what part of TN are you from?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are You In A Band

im in a band, its called Wings of the Fallen. We have five merabers, me and my mate both play guitar, we swap from lead to rhythem because we are both equally talented. my best mate on bass, and another mate on drums and another who sings. We've been going steady for most of this year now and its getting exciting. We just recorded some songs, they are unmixed and not mastered but their up on our site. *knows not to post it here*
    But we're getting alot of notice, which is rad. We got told by a judge at battle of the banRAB that we should try and get to play at taste of chaos next year (Aust) because we are better than half the banRAB there. (we won that battle of the banRAB) We are like a melodic hardcore band. Me and the other guitarist are both heavily into thrice and Alexisonfire, while our bassist is into metal, and our singer and drummer are both into punk aswell. So yes, we have a gig tonight, our drummers last one before he moves, so we'll be on the search for a new drummer after that. Oh and I also play keyboard in it now aswell.

Yes, thats my rant.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are You In A Band

Yeah I know what you mean, that was a serious issue in my last outfit. Everyone was so dead set on making it big and didn't put enough into the music as they did the hype. I think they spent more time working on the website than we did rehersing.

A two piece would be interesting. Would you use a synthesized bass tracker through your guitar like the guy from Local H? How would you do that?

p.s. A good jam room can be hard to find, especially one that meets all the necessary requirements llike (security, noise, central location, climate control, price etc.) that has always been an issue with my jams. It's hard to find a place everyone can get together.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are You In A Band

Heard of the band, though I've only lived out here going on 1 year. never seen them live.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information