i currently play ps3 online wirelessly but i often lag and get disconnected. i recently purchased a linksys router WRT54G ver.2. after days of trying frustration and searching the web i find out that a router alone wont allow me to connect to the internet, so do i need a modem too? Now here is the tricky part. I currently rent a room out of a house and the owners have internet and a modem etc but with other ppl renting rooms i seriously doubt they would want a 50ft. ethernet cable running through the house and into my room. i currently get a wireless signal and can play ps3 games online and sure the net on my laptop but the signal fades in and out without warning and it is very frustrating. the current internet that my landlords have does not require a password so all i can connect no problem, but i really want to boost the signal in my room so i can play for more than 10mins without beingn disconnected. what do i need to do/buy to make this work? can my laptop function as a modem and boost the signall to the router? i am clueless in what i should do any help would be appreciated...