My best friend is going through some weird stuff. She's joined a "Spiritualist" group..& she analysis things such as 'her higher self tells her she's meant to do something', or 'it's the laws of attraction'.
She says things that hurt, but I truly don't believe she says these things with the intent to hurt, it just comes out that way. She also says she's 'processing some things"..also, she had some spotting yesterday, & is 'hormonal". (She's 55 yrs old). I was invited to her home for Xmas Eve, Xmas morning, & also to her other friend's home for Xmas dinner. Her other friend drinks on weekends & on occasions such as this to the point where she's drunk. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't become troublesome, this person has a strong personality & what she says or believes is right (in her mind).
I've noticed over the course of several weeks, that when I'm in the presence of my friend, I feel tense & uncomfortable. Why?..I don't honestly know. Perhaps it's whatever vibes she's sending.
Now, I don't want to go to her or her friend's for Xmas. Although I don't want to be alone (I have no family), I'd much rather be alone than to feel the tension & tolerate her friend's 3-ringed circus. I know this is selfish of me, but I don't know what to do.
We've booked a holiday in January & March. Should I put aside my friends behavior?..Should I live up to the Xmas plans for fake an illness??
With regard to what Panda said...I have spoken with my friend about this several times...I know if I tell her I don't want to go, she'll be upset..& think I'm judging her or unaccepting of how she feels or deals with things.