judges among the gods? A Psalm of Asaph. God (Elohiym) (the ONE God of gods) stands in the congregation of the mighty; he judges among the gods. (gods here is also "Elohiym")
How long will you judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah. Psalm 82:1-2

Interestingly, "God" is the word "Elohiym"....and when referring to the "gods" that He judges among, it is also the same word "Elohiym"....and when Jesus refers to this Psalm as "law" he also confirms that this is referring to "gods" (theos)
Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

Then He breaks this down further and says,

" If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; Do you say of him, whom the Father has sanctified, and sent into the world, You blaspheme; because I said, I am the Son of God? If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I do, though you believe not me, believe the works: that you may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him. John 10:35-38

I find it absolutely amazing that Jesus refers back to this very Psalm, as "Law" and quotes from this context to the Jews who were accusing Him of blasphemy:

They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course. I have said, You are gods; and ALL OF YOU are children of the most High.
But you shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.
Arise, O God, judge the earth: for You shall inherit ALL NATIONS. Psalm 82:5-8

So then, is this Psalm saying that they did NOT KNOW that they were gods, and that they did NOT UNDERSTAND that they were ALL "CHILDREN OF THE MOST HIGH" ? (Ben Elyon= Son's of the Highest)

Is "walking on in darkness" being ignorant that God has said,
"I HAVE SAID, you are gods" (elohiym) ?

Why is this amazing statement revealed directly after saying, "they have not known"...."neither will they understand"......"they walk on in darkness"....." ALL the foundations of the earth are out of course" ?

What does it really mean when God reveals, "ALL the foundations of the earth are out of course" ?

Is this also the knowledge that God was imparting to Job when he said.... "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, IF YOU HAVE UNDERSTANDING.
Who has laid the measures thereof, if you you know? or who has stretched the line upon it?
Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
When the morning stars sang together, and ALL THE SONS OF GOD shouted for joy? "
Job 38:4-7

Lastly, this mention of "ALL the sons of God" is referring to EVERY BEN ELOHIYM....Every son of God!

This is NOT to PUFF us up in PRIDE....but to cause us to "behold, what manner of Love the Father has bestowed upon US that we should be CALLED the SONS OF GOD ! " HalleluJah!

WHY do i ask these things at this moment ? ? ?

So that we will SEE and KNOW and UNDERSTAND and WALK ON IN LIGHT as He is in the light, and purify ourselves EVEN AS HE IS PURE !....(as seen and confirmed here

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
And every man that hath THIS HOPE IN HIM purifies himself, EVEN AS HE IS PURE. 1John 3:1-3

"For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing MANY SONS UNTO GLORY, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings." Heb 2:10

What are your understanding thoughts on these things dearly beloved children of the Most High ?
and may we not "die like mere men"...."walking on in darkness"!

much love to you and to all ! : )