In Washington State (and I am sure most other states) "Metal knuckles" are prohibited by state law. I have been searching for a good quality trench knife with knuckle protectors, and came across one that I may be interested in ordering, however; can some rogue argue that this is an unlawful weapon due to it's "knuckle protector"?

I ask, because the grip fits the physical description of a "brass knuckle" set, although it isn't brass nor metal. It's purpose isn't for brass knuckles - it's for knuckle protection, and the use of a blade.

In your opinion, what would you say? The image is in the link below

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B001CXNMBS/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_0?ie=UTF8&index=0
Because by definition, it is not "metal knuckles". The law is specific in what weapons are prohibited. "Metal knuckles" are one of them. The knuckle protectors fit the physical description of "metal knuckles" but are not made of metal material.

Obviously if you carry ANY type of weapon in a manner that warrants alarm to the general public, you're going to face trouble and get your weapon confiscated.