Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ozzy Osbourne solo (vs) Black Sabbath w/ Ozzy (vs) Black Sabbath w/ Dio

Definitely Sabbath w/Ozzy. Ozzy solo can be good at times but feels way too produced. Sabbath had an authentic feel. Technically, Ozzy's solo stuff is usually a tighter assortment of musicians, but Black Sabbath feels a tad bit less plastic. Plus, massive into Paranoid, and the first half of Sabotage.

Dio Sabbath is second because I like Dio, and Dio Sabbath is basically Dio. Just as Dio rainbow is basically Dio.

I like Ozzy solo, but really that's only Blizzard of Oz then a few hits scattered across the 80s. The rest of it is overproduced bull**** that Sharon and whatever studio producers Ozzy could be paired with(too busy snorting coke and ants) is probably more responsible for than Ozzy is anyway.

Plus, could Zakk Wylde keep his ****ing hanRAB off his whammy bar for two seconRAB. To me, that was just ****ing annoying.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

[/U]

I think Dios voice is excellent and the 'Dehumanizer' is my truly my favourite & the best Black Sabbath album (IMO).
    I can understand people might say Dio is not Black Sabbath and I would agree to a certain extent. I see Black Sabbath as having two sides to them (not counting the Ian Gillan period for obvious reasons) firstly with Ozzy as pioneers of Heavy Metal (which I am a big fan of also) & secondly with Dio (which just happens to be my personal favourite). Also I appreciate how people can recognise that Dio is an amazing vocalist. I also have one of Dio's solo albums 'Holy Diver' which i think is fantastic.
    I would even go as far to say Dio is my favourite Metal vocalist (and probably the best in terms of vocal capabilities).
    Anyway I knew this wouldnt go down too well and maybe I am the only one (but at least someone appreciates it).
    As for Ozzy Osbourne nowadays he does my ****ing head in.
    So you can take your Ozzy Osbourne & shove it up your ass! (only joking!)[/QUOTE]

I find Dio's voice more generic in my eyes, and there is something just indescribably cool about ozzy's voice, also are you saying that Black Sabbath with dio is more minimalistic because I think it is the opposite way around.
    You can take Dio and ..... oh wait he's already there i don't even have to say anything... (only joking!).

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

blasphemy!!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ozzy-era Sabbath made a couple classic albums, but their songs were often dull and sloppy. "Crazy Train" is better than any Sabbath song, but Ozzy never put out a truly great album as a solo artist. Dio-era Sabbath sucked. Just because Dio's dead doesn't mean his vocals were ever anything but borabastic cheese.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Iommi had a skill that Zakk lacks. That is the skill to write good material.

Yeah some of the tracks are alright but you know Id much rather listen to Dehumanizer or Heaven & Hell.
    Also who cares about the album cover & the background behind it? You can tell just by looking at it that the guy who 'designed' it was high on speed/crack & wasted or whatever.
    Although I must admit it is pretty ****.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well you don't have to think anything of it, it was just a piece of amusing trivia. No need to get hostile about it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would rather listen to young animals being slaughtered over a chorus of nails on chalkboarRAB than hear that abomination of Ozzy's personal version of "War Pigs" ever again.

I didn't bother reading every post so this might already have been said, but what about Jake E. Lee?

Bark at the Moon???

Ozzy didn't only play with RoaRAB and Zakk Wylde, let's not forget Jake!

As far as Ozzy's rendition of Sabbath songs...horrible, but I'd rather listen to most of Ozzy's solo work than Ozzy with Sabbath.

Sabbath and Dio are bloody horrible, in my opinion. Dio is an amzing singer, but he can't take the place of Oz.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you like him that's fine, I don't. That black and white Les Paul is really cool looking though.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information