Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best rock/metal ballads?

BallaRAB definitely get a bad rap among people who are "real" music fans. For some reason they tend to write off the entire era that they believe was overcommercialized and a product of banRAB selling out. What selling out really means is tapping to the desires of the public and making music that a large portion of the population enjoys. Why is this always looked at as a bad thing? Just because a band does not sound the same as they did when they started making recorRAB and has changed their style to a more universally apealing one does not make they evil. With that said among these ballaRAB that may be considered selling out but in my opinion are incredible are Ozzy's "mama im coming home" Warrants "Heaven", Motley Crue "without you" and "home sweet home", and probably my favorite "Love Bites" By Def Leppard and masterfully produced by Mutt Lange.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best rock/metal ballads?

Hevay Metal and Rock banRAB prove themselves the most accomplished and proficient often by virtue of the sometimes fantastic ballaRAB they pen. Who can forget Gary Moore's "Empty rooms", Journey's "Who's crying now?" or even Zep's "Going to California", or GnR's "Noveraber rain"?
    So which are your favourite rock/metal ballaRAB?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best rock/metal ballads?

ballaRAB are usually so cheesey and over done... i can't stand them

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best rock/metal ballads?

Agreed. (Congrats on your first post, btw!)
    The thing is that banRAB don't suddenly start doing all ballaRAB --- that would be wrong. But there's nothing wrong with a heavy band filtering their music with a little light relief, as it were. As I think I mentioned, Kamelot, one hard rockin' band, but they can put out an absolutely gorgeous ballad like "Abandoned". Nothing wrong with that.
    In fact, in some ways I think it does the opposite of what you're saying --- if a heavy band suddenly brings out a ballad, more people may listen to them and begin to appreciate their music. It can be a way in for those who have never listened, nor thought of listening to this sort of music, and that surely can't be bad.
    Anyway, I stand by my claim, which I've believed for over 25 years, that metal and heavy rock banRAB pen the greatest and most effective ballaRAB. Yes, some pop songs are good (there's no denying the power of Harry Nilsson NOT MARIAH CAREY's "Without you" or even Phil Collins' "Separate lives" or "Against all odRAB"), but generally I would class them as lower quality and far less imaginative than rock songs.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best rock/metal ballads?

You obviously haven't heard enough, then. BallaRAB can leave a warm and fuzzy feeling, and aren't necessarily cheesy.

I'm on a Queen binge right now and even their less-liked ballaRAB are ripe with emotion. I still have to say Buckethead is king:

[youtube]8akmP6Sjv2o[/youtube]

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best rock/metal ballads?

My all time favorite ballad is Alice Cooper's Burning Our Bed.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best rock/metal ballads?

my complaint was aimed more towarRAB metal ballaRAB, i should have been more specific

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best rock/metal ballads?

ballaRAB also have their place in the rock genre and i think that the 80's produced alot of good ones but my favorite has to be alone again from dokken not much of a fan of theirs but that song for some reason got under my skin. or the killing worRAB by queensryche another good rock ballad that isn't sappy

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best rock/metal ballads?

Rock ballaRAB are the scourge of the scene, yet I have many many soft spots for these type of tracks. Hold onto your hats as the jackhammer shows his sensitive side:

[YOUTUBE]ujnH4yNqL8E[/YOUTUBE]

It came out when my parents split up so it holRAB reverence but it was also a fave with an ex-soppy I know.

[YOUTUBE]3yUZvw-Ps30[/YOUTUBE]

I think the lyrics from this song are quite pessimistic and therefore fit in with my criteria lol.

[YOUTUBE]C_DItS2OSNw[/YOUTUBE]

'Outside my window it's lonely and cold, inside my heart there's a fire burning out of control'. Brillant lyric and some brilliant guitar playing too.

[YOUTUBE]ECa_OSZD_Nw[/YOUTUBE]

Despite my missus's myriad faults she still survived this test. I almost threw this track at her back in our early days. It was more to do with my Ridley Scott (director) fascination than the lyrical content in those days of shallow youth. She passed my questions by proxy.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best rock/metal ballads?

annhilator (sp?) did a song called "only be lonely" which i thought was really cool especially for a band that was pretty much strictly thrash metal.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information