Ok so I would say 4 years ago I was interested in this girl that I met in the dorms in college. She seemed pretty cool and laid back and shared similar interests of mine. We went to a few football games together and things like that but it never went farther than friendship. I don't even think she was interested in me saying that the first time i brought her over to my house she said she already had a boyfrined. (probably a lie just to say in another way that she wasn't interested in me). But she continued doing things with me and stuff and I was so nice to her I gave her all the rides and bought her a Christmas present and stuff being as naive as I was thinking she would grow to like me if I kept doing nice things.
It turns out she got engaged and I feel kind of weird about it. It makes me question myself. How could I have done things differently? Why can't i get a girl to like me enough to get engaged to me? I feel guilty that I wasn't the one she liked. It kind of hurts my self confidence. I am only 23 but it seems a lot of people are getting young and I feel a pressure to find someone quickly. It's not just her it's the whole women thing in general I don't do well with it. I feel I come across as goofy and boring. It just makes me feel sad and weird bc she didn't think I was capable of being her partner? I take it too personal I feel. What can I do to get over this?