A technical question for JAVA programmers. I'm from a C++ background so don't understand completely how the web programming world works. I am working on enhancing an existing website which is built in Java/JSP and my predicament is this:

Every time we have to build a new page, there's one team of HTML programmers who build this page and do the logic in JQuery and then give it to the other set of Java programmers who convert this into JSP.

Same problem lies with editing a page - first HTML/JQuery guys edit their code and then give it to JSP guys who "integrate" these changes to JSP.

To me, it looks like something isn't quite right - why do we need two separate people to work on the same piece of code.

Can any Java/JSP guru enlighten me if I'm missing something here?

Many thanks
Thanks for the quick reply guys.

The roles you have mentioned fit exactly into what we do. Once we get the designs from the "Creative" guys, the HTML guys start work on it but surprising, they are the ones who do JQuery stuff as well.

From what I understand from your reply, ideally, once the HTML is done, its all down to programmer to do the client/server side and DB programming, right? That way, we'll save a lot of time but over here, everything goes to the HTML/JQuery guys, they do their bit and then it comes to JSP guys.

Maybe I'm missing the trick here but don't you think that once HTMLs are converted to JSPs with all the logic and everything in place, any enhancements should be done by the programmers only and the HTML should not be touched again?