The prompt-

Select an original work of your choice from anywhere in the world (this could be a work of art, a piece of literature, a scientific or mathematical theory, a musical composition, a film, or any other creative piece) and discuss how it has affected your thinking

Any feedback would be lovely. =)
Given that this is a rough draft, I know and understand that the end is not finished and the grammar is a little funky. Help on that would be great as well.

Coloring outside the lines. Partially scratched out sentences with honest expression. Scribbles, layers of paper and paint, vivid colors, drawn-over photographs, traces of masking tape and mascara smears. The mentioned attributes in Sabrina Ward Harrison’s work allowed her journals to stand out in the sea of generic art books. At the time I was a struggling IB Art student aimlessly searching through a pile of books trying to find something- anything besides the overused, typical art that I’ve been exposed to for long as I can remember. I was stuck in an advanced class and never learned art from various amounts of study, practice, and observation. Simply put, I had no inspiration. However, everything changed when I stumbled across Harrison's journals.

I can’t say that Harrison’s artwork has changed my thinking academically, but rather how my thinking has changed in terms of art and myself. As I was looking through page after page of creativity and reflection it hit me- Just because art was vague and foreign to me didn’t mean that I should give up. The journals were filled with insecurities about never being good enough and fear of failure. The structure of her collages isn’t what most would consider pristine. She taught me that people will react how they want to react. But you can’t go on through life constantly fearing about what others think of you and your artwork. It’s okay to care, but not to fear.

As the months went by, I found what I loved in art, and realized that just because my art isn’t perfectly neat, isn’t realistic, and that I have different color preferences doesn’t mean it’s not art. It’s mine- my collection of ideas, my perception, my visual representation. I can accept abnormalness. I can accept starting off with little experience but be willing to gain more by practicing. My thinking has changed significantly because now I know ... NEED TO FINISH.