can do to make her pay it? While i was living with my mother, she was in a lot of debt and knowing all of my information she decided to get two student loans in my name. Because, i lived with her i had to agree to it. Shes done this with credit cards as well which Im not worried about because im filing bankruptcy so those will be gone. Shes used my name for credit cards and used them and im assuming she got away with it cause if she ever got her id checked her name is relatively close to mine. Anyways, she used my name to get two student loans. one student loan she is the cosigner of and the other loan , my dad is the cosigner. my lawyer informed me that bankruptcy will not make this go away and i think its unfair that i have to pay for it since i didnt use it. is there anyway i can go to court and explain the situation so that they can make my mother pay for both the loans since shes the one who used my information and forced me to go along with it? Oh also one of the loans if i remember correctly she had it deposited directly into her bank account. she had me come along to do my fingerprint and everything