I have an 11 month old German Shepherd. He has always been potty trained to go outside while on a leash. Recently we have moved and it gets very snowy out here. I have purchased a "potty patch" large enough for him, however I have no idea how to get him to connect that he goes potty there. So far he just thinks it is a bed. Does anyone have tips or advice on how I can help him to make the connection. I use the command "go potty" when we are outside but when it comes to the pad he just looks at me confused :-/
Just give me advice on what I asked or don't post.

OK I am not too lazy to take him outside. I have been doing so many times everyday since he came into my home... I must have forgotten to add the detail that HE DOESN'T LIKE THE SNOW. He whines and doesn't want to walk on it. So I am doing it for HIM not for ME. It is MUCH EASIER to just keep it the same and not have to clean up his pee from a potty patch so how does that make me lazy??? But he won't go outside! He stalls and stays on the covered porch and refuses to walk out onto the grass. I was told by my veterinarian that this would be the best solution.

Also, I will still take him outside to go but I was going to place the patch on the covered porch, so its not disgusting. He has to go to the bathroom and I would rather him go on a pad and have to clean it up after him than him to get an infection from holding his urine so long!
I am just trying to help him! I am not trying to get out of taking him outside. So any advice will help! I think shoveling is a good idea. I don't know why I didn't think of that. Thank you for the help even if you all were a little rude.