enlarge their driveway? I am struggling with neighbors who like to do as they please no matter what. Our latest problem is they like park the cars on my property and block me, along with others in and they also block the driveway. It is an elderly woman of 65 and her son of late 30's/early 40's, who she claims is mentally ill, though the son is the one who actually parks the vehicles on my property and blocks the driveway. Sometimes he does both, meaning the car is halfway on my property and the other half is out in the road-the driveway.

The other issue is all the snow and ice we have gotten makes the driveway that much harder to get up when no one is in the way, which is why we have had to park at the bottom of our property and walk up. I own the property on one side, their property and home is on the other side, so they do not even have to travel up the driveway.

When confronted the woman first claimed her driveway is not big enough to hold all of her son's cars (the mentally ill one who does not drive on main roads) and she is not letting him kill her grass by parking them on her lawn. My family and I have always lived here and they have been here for a shorter time (yes we have many issues, due to them acting like this). When they moved in, they made their driveway to only hold a 4 car capacity and made it on the side of their home to intersect the driveway instead of the other side, which would have made it off the main road.

A second confrontation, she claimed he did not know any better and they were just rearranging cars so all their visitors could fit into their driveway. This too happens several times a week and sometimes a day, but the car in the way or on my property ends up left there for hours as do any cars out in the road or on my property. When it is on my property they always spin their wheels and damage the bottom of our bank.

Now that winter is here and we (my family and I and the other neighbors we let park on our property because they can not get in the icy driveway either) need to park down and be able to get out with an argument ensuing about how they have no room and do not want their yard to look like a junk yard. They have 2 parked junk cars on their property already (again belonging to the son).

I believe the mentally ill story is fake to the extent they are trying to play it. Since we had past problems, we steer clear of them and their property. I also think if he is mentally ill enough to where he will not legally be granted a license, then he does not need to be behind the wheel of a car in any sense (rearranging or not).

So, can he legally drive to rearrange cars and drive on our state back road that is not a main road? I was also wandering is there an injunction that I could get and have it presented to them that would basically say look "if you are going to own X amount of cars and/or have X amount over, you need to have and provide the parking on your own property, thus making your options expand your parking lot here and here (their property coordinates) or do not have them over.

We do not like for ourselves to park down their either, as it is just the grassy bottom of our bank so it is not meant for anyone to park, but when we can not get up it due to weather, we have no other choice.
Just to clarify, I know everyone has the same rights, what i guess I was really asking is the fact that he may be mentally ill give him the right to do as he please, like trespass, after being warned about so from us and the police on past issues. The real problem is we live far out from town and it hard to one get anyone to come out and two get them out as they are doing wrong. If they get wind the police is called (like from a scanner) they will move the car(s) and then claim to know nothing about why they were called.

Thanks for your input everyone, I just want them to leave me and my family alone.