european movie about a vw bug in a race? Does anyone know the name of this show? I saw it a while back late at night. The "host" was a weird dark-haired guy with a mustache. He would talk about the movie scenes in between segments and also interject funny comments while it was playing....the show had a really weird name. It was kinda like an Elvira-style show. The episode I saw was a movie featuring a VW Beetle car in a European road race but it WASN'T Herbie. Looked to be from the 70's. I think there was also something about orphans in it? Maybe some nuns? The car had a really strange/funny name, too. Anyone who could help me out with either the name of the actual movie and/or the weird tv show I saw it on would be greatly appreciated!!! Trying to find a DVD that I could give my dad for Christmas and I know he'd love to see this show Thanks!
Definitely wasn't Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo. It was similar but wasn't that movie. The car in this movie had a bizarre name and there was no Don Knotts.