Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yak Rider

Are you going to buy an Obama commemorative coin, the one with Obama on the

front and Abe Lincoln on the back? I saw Montel Williams selling these things on MSNBC. Personally, I found it more than just a little tacky. It's an ounce of zinc clad in gold plate. It's about the size of an Olympic medal and more than just a little garish.
    *****Yes, I'm waiting for somebody to find a corn flake that looks like Obama to list it on Ebay.
    P.T. Barnum would be proud of the people selling these coins.

Chuck_Junior
    I'll wait for them to show up at the 99 cent store. I have a bar stool that's a little wobbly and needs 1 leg leveled.

WES
    Do they have Obama action figures yet. ;-)

DC Maximus
    The suckers voted him in and the suckers will gobble up the "slum" (trinkets and trash).

Throw Bananas At Obama
    Why would I waste money?

Fedup Veteran
    No, I am not. I agree the whole idea is tacky. If they actually READ some direct quotes from Lincoln, people would realize that Lincoln was a very racist person who agreed with the idea of slaves. The civil war was more about the 10th amendment than it was about freedom for the slaves.

Oh, well, it just goes to show what brainwashing and changing the story over time will get you.

EDIT: Oh, that is funny, Chuck! Thanks for the laugh!

A Republicrat
    That's a disgrace

Billy
    No, thats stupid.

Led Head 18
    Why would anybody buy a coin of somebody who hasn't done anything? This guy is not even in office yet and yet the infomercial said he has restored hope to America. What!? Are people really expected to buy a coin of a president elect who has only "said" that he plans to do great things for this country, but he has not done anything? I think it is really funny that Abraham Lincoln is on the back. Without Republican Abraham Lincoln Obama would not be in the position he is in today. And what happens if Obama turns out to be a bad president then later on down the line the coin will loose value and only be good for the material its made of. That's money well spent (sarcasm).

Barracuda
    I haven't laughed so hard at an infomercial in years! My brother and I were gasping for air! I can't believe Obama and the Secret Service haven't gone after those guys! It's so cheesy!

It's almost as bad as those idiots that claim to see figures in their toast!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information