Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can I Use an Old Casiotone CT-460 as a Midi Keyboard?

Im new to producing, and im slowly building my studio. I came across an old Casio-tone CT-460 in my garage and want to know if it would even work with my computer as a midi. It has Midi In and Out. It also has a Sustain jack and an output jack. I know i need a midi to usb plug, im just not sure if i should buy the plug if this keyboard wont even work? And if it will work, what do i need to get it started besides the midi/usb plug, i.e. drivers, etc.
    Im sure it is from at least the early 80's, and my laptop is about a year old. So.. basically, can this old casio be used on my computer as a midi, for programs like FL Studio, Ableton Live, etc. I need an opinion from someone with knowledge of Studio Equipment, and/or old casio keyboards, because im getting very confused. I read something about it not being able to read frequencies, and i don't know if that has anything to do with it being used with a computer?

Also: I don't just want to use the output plug to record my keyboard jams. I need a midi, so if this keyboard wont serve that purpose, what are some suggestions for a good inexpensive midi for a beginning producer? Im into Experimental-Hip-Hop.

Unregistered
    I'm trying to do the exact same thing with a CT-460 as well. No luck yet. Where you able to get it up and running as a midi device on your computer? Thanks!

Unregistered

Casio Tone CT-460 MIDI Controller

I am trying this too, no luck yet with USB<->MIDI. I had it connected via serial port year ago and ran Absynth fine through midi. Perhaps it needs a serial cable<->MIDI vs USB<->MIDI.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

-

I know it sounds stupid, but when you go Kick-Off, you choose a team, you can only select through first line-up and 5 substitutes. What about the rest? How can I use them?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information