Well I had a 62 in the class and this was before the final exam and before the teacher dropped the lowest Programming assignment and quiz. The PAs were worth more than the quizzes. Anyways, I get a 79% on the Final Exam which is 25% of the grade and somehow I end up getting a 53%? I can not understand how that is possible. Let us say he already dropped the lowest grades beforehand... How is it possible still? Can anyone figure it out. THis is from the syllabus directly:

500 points total: 8 – Prog. Assignments (21%), 5 – Quizzes (8%), Class Participation (7%), 2 – Prog. Projects (24%), Midterm Exam (15%)
Final Exam (25%). Final course grades are calculated as follows:

A+ (>= 490 pts.)
A (>= 460 pts.), A- (>= 450 pts.), B+ (>= 440 pts.), B (>= 410 pts.), B- (>= 400 pts.)
C+ (>= 390 pts.), C (>= 360 pts.), C- (>= 350 pts.), D (>= 300 pts.). F (< 300 pts.)

And this is my grade shown on blackboard:
PA#1: 15 (out of 15)Good job! Maybe next you can make it so the laser beam leaves the ship towards the target. ;-) Submission3/3 Effort 6/6 Creativity 6/6
PA#2: 10 (out of 15)Please be careful with your header -- all lines in the header must be commented, or the program will not run. A suggestion: try using more comments (starts with a #) -- it will make debugging/making modifications easier if you know what section of code corresponds to which feature. Additionally, in context of a professional environment, comments make it easier for colleagues/customers to review/utilize your code. Submission 3/3 Effort 3/6 (very simple logo) Creativity 4/6 (good starting point, but perhaps you could have carried the theme a little further)
PA#3: 14 (out of 15)For this program, it would have better reflected the flow of the program if you had used nested if statements. For example: if cs_major == "yes": acs_major = raw_input("Are you an ACS major?") if acs_major == "yes": #get rest of info else: #get rest of info for non-acs majors else: #ask for their major #etc... Otherwise, you did a great job! Great job with the pseudocode and comments especially! header/submission: 2/2 pseudocode: 3/3 I/O: 5/5 control structures: 4/5
PA#4: 15 (out of 15)You know I advocate avoiding using break, so consider changing your while loop to: while choice != 3 and it will work without using break. (You will need to initialize choice outside the loop, e.g. choice = 1) Please use concatenation or the continuation character to get long lines of code on multiple lines. E.g. print "Start here\ end here" print "Start here"+\ "end here" #continuation characters work for lists, function calls, just about anything. Nice job! Submission: 3/3 Comments/self-doc: 3/3 Decision/control struc: 6/6 IO: 3/3
PA#5: 13 (out of 15)You need to do: Degree_1 = str(Degree_1) answer = str(answer) Submission Details 1/1 Comments & Self Documenting Code2/2 Utility Module 6/6 Application Module 4/6 --- During conversion, string input has not been handled.
PA#6: 0 (out of 15)
PA#7: 8 (out of 15)Submission Details 1/1 Comments & Self Documenting Code2/2 GUI Class Module 2/7 quote, auther pair cannot be displayed. Widgets should referenced by self. Driver Module 3/5 Create your GUI here. Should spilt with " - " to get quote, auther pairs.
PA#8: 0 (out of 15)
PP#1: 0 (out of 60)
PP#2: 0 (out of 60)
Quiz1: 7 (out of 10)
Quiz2: 0 (out of 10)
Quiz 3: 8 (out of 10)
Quiz4: 0 (out of 10)
CP: 29 (out of 35)
MT Exam: 62 (out of 75)
Correction: 1 (out of 10)
Final Exam: 99 (out of 125)

It was a final grade of a 57.3. Before the CP grade and the Final Exam I had a 62.3?
SOmeone please tell me this is not possible. Also just to reiterate he said he would drop the lowest PA AND Quiz grade.

Proof below:

Students must attend and participate in the lab section for which they are registered, unless prior permission is granted by lab GTAs. Quizzes (unannounced) will be administered during lab sessions. Missed labs result in zero credit for quizzes administered during that session (no make-ups except for excused absences). The lowest of the 5 quiz grades will be dropped from the overall class grade calculation.

Programming AssignmentsLab programming assignments are due one week from the start time of the specific lab section in which they are assigned. The lowest of the 8 lab grades will be dropped from the overall class grade calculation. Late lab programming assignments will not be accepted. Programming assignment specifications (e.g., algorithms, techniques, syntax, etc.) may be discussed verbally with other students, but code may not be shared. All