Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    conquerer

1993 Mazda 929-- good used car choice?

I found a clean 1993 Mazda 929 with only 65,000 original miles on it. I can probably buy it for around $2,400-2,600: Is this a good deal? My friend's mom once had this same car and it was very luxurious for the time. I think they are still beautiful cars. I want to know all problem areas, BESIDES TRANSMISSIONS>!! I understand these are really bad for that model of car. Also, window motors go out quite a lot also.

What else can you say about this car? Are they very dependable? I need a good, solid 2nd car. I also want something that looks and drives smoothly. Give me your thoughts

? I Love Lamp
    Considering that they stopped making them in '98, you might find it hard to find the parts to it if it needs some fixing up. You can read more about it here..

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/overview.aspx?year=1993&make=Mazda&model=929&trimi d=-1

You can read the specs and the overview of the car.

Andy B
    no because it probably sat alot

Hadj
    Thats kind of a high price for a car that is 16 years old, regardless of mileage. if your paying cash you can get an 04 for 6k!

It has def sat a lot, (regardless of what they tell you... its a 93!) if you still want it because you are in love with the car then go for it IF you are mechanically inclined and can do your own repairs. Otherwise the amount of money you will wind up spending will add up to more than the cost of a '01 or newer..

if I were you, I would just save the cash as long as your car still runs and keep socking away anything you can. then when you have 5k-7k or so look into a 98 or newer

Jason M
    No.. The 929 was a joke.. Slow, bad gas mileage, dated interior, unreliable, etc. etc.

What do I suggest? for $2500 go with a old early 90s Lexus es300. much more reliable, slightly quicker, better quality, etc.

T Fitz
    mmmmm tasty

therick63
    The only real pitfall is maintenance cost.
    If you can afford the cost to maintainin this car thin buy and enjoy.
    Have fun

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information