Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Daliela
    Calling the police would not be a problem THEY ARE the PROBLEM!
    My fiance and i live downstairs as well and yes we have had that problem too! The thing i would say is to tell the landlard that if he or she dosent do anything about it then you are to call the police. If he or she does nothing the you should go nock on the door and tell them the same that you are going to call the police if it doesnt stop. That is what i did and let me tell you i sleep better and now that i sleep better i live better and now that i live better i am just so happy! You should please do the same and if it doesnt stop then you should stop paying your bills. I know this is hard but it will not be worth paying if you arnt gitting to live worth its monney if you understand where im coming from. good luck!

ROOFIE
    i would call the cops, or tell the homeowner your going to call the cops.
    if all else fails, tell the home owner your breaking the lease because of his failure to control the noise.

for Pete's sake your pregnant!

what rude people!

Crystal
    They obviously don't give a crap about you and lack manners. You don't need that stress, especially with a baby in your belly. I would call the cops and get the point across, because nothing else is working. They think it's a joke and have NO respect, ugh. So sorry to hear you're dealing with that.

ALex E
    OOOOOOHHHHHH got a dusie for you. Since you are planning on moving out anyhow. Wait till they are all asleep, you know around two o'clock in the morning and just turn on everything in your house as loud as you can for about an hour. Repeat this for several nights in a row and make sure it wakes up the working parents upstairs. They will get the message then.

jimulik
    You have exactly the same problem as my wife and I. We also live
    on the first floor and have the same problem. We've lived here for eight
    years in the same apartment and we've had eight different tenants
    living above us who loved to make all types of loud obnoxious noises.
    We've had everything from dogs barking to sex maniacs.We had one
    tenant who had a washing machine and one day left it running,the drain
    pipe evidently came out of the sink and the water damaged our wall.
    I eventually called the police and asked what we could do because the
    mgr. was useless.The problem was resolved thru arbitration.

trulyally
    Hello, I do sympathize. I have lived in both circumstances. I have been the one upstairs with a 4 year old and 1 year old when I was the pregnant one! Then I moved to a basement apartment... Bliss! My boys could move around and I didn't worry abut the noise they made. I had an upstairs neighbor who was a single man who played music very loudly every evening. He moved soon after I moved in. Well, I am afraid you have to chalk it up to lesson learned. There is no way to muffle the sound coming from above you. It does not seem like your neighbors are in control of their children, so they cannot/will not keep the noise down for your benefit. You could call the landlord again and look for a new place, in the mean time. I wonder if you could get out of your lease due to the environment (the noise level) being unlivable.

~Love.is.Foreva~
    That's a hard one. you could try talking to them in the politest way, and then get more authority and more people to talk to them for you. If they respect you or care about you as neighbors, then they would stop. I don't know what relationship you have, but that's all I can think of.

tharnpfeffa
    Tough call, been there. Try one more time nicely and then ask the cops, and or get earplugs for nights. It sucks your landlord is less than helpful.
    I've had that situation and it sucks, he had a big dog though so I got him out of there. (big poops never scooped in the yard near the clothes line- you don't even want to know what I did about that! -If you do, email me!)

haven
    I have an idea you probably wont like lol... simulate really loud sex with your husband when they're all home. It seems childish and embarassing but with neighbors like that all you can really do is either call the cops and make things stressful or have fun with it. I think hearing that might make the mother quiet her kids down, or complain lol. Then, if their mother says anything to you, close the door in her face too

Kurisufa
    Call the cops, or chuck norris. hahaha jk

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information