Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mushi-Shi

Mushi-Shi

Manga
    There is also the manga which i believe has 14 chapters.

Opening Theme: "The Sore Feet Song" by Ally Kerr

Anime
    It premiered on October 22, 2005 in Japan, but after 20 episodes, the series went on hiatus, and resumed screening the six remaining ones in May 14, 2006. Each episode tells a self-contained story and is not dependent on prior episodes for background. This made it possible for the producers of the anime to change the relative order of the stories. However, aside from a slight abridgment of the dialogue, this is the only major difference between the manga and the anime.It is also Dubbed to by Funimation

Movie
    A Live Action Mushishi feature film released in 2006, was directed by Katsuhiro Otomo

Plot Summary: They are neither plants nor animals. They differ from other forms of life such as the micro-organisms and the fungi. Instead they reserable the primeval body of life and are generally known as "Mushi". Their existence and appearance are unknown to many and only a limited nuraber of humans are aware of them. Ginko is a "Mushi-shi" who travels around to investigate and find out more about the "Mushi". In the process, he also lenRAB a helping hand to people who face problems with supernatural occurrences which may be related to the "Mushi"

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mushi-Shi

This anime was so brilliant. It`s one of my faves by far. The storylines were always interesting to me and I thought the animation was great. 10/10 ^.^

Oh and also, Ginko is awesome

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mushi-Shi

I know hes pretty amazing.I was surprised nobody else did this

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mushi-Shi

Awesome awesome series.

If you haven't seen this, then you need to sit down and ask yourself what the **** you've been doing with your life up untill this point.

Just kidding. Its a charming series with a very likable lead, nice dialogue and humor and some quite unexpected substance. This stuff will detoxify your soul man. I dug the animation too.

BTW, have either of you seen Natsume's Book Of FrienRAB? Very similer vibes. Check it, you'll like it. There's a second series just out now.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mushi-Shi

Ginko is one of those great characters. He takes a non bias pov on situations and uses his skill and intelligence to solve problems. And the best of all, this series is devoid of moral implications. The mushi aren't evil they just survive. Its Ginko's mission to make sure that the two species don't rub each other wrongly too much.
    Great show, better than Natsume, but not by much. The op of Mushishi has a detoxifying effect. It has great music and atmosphere and practically no gimmick or formula, which is where Natsume pales in comparision.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mushi-Shi

I caught the first episode of this, (dubbed though), and was really impressed. By the posts above it seems the rest of the series keeps up like the first one, which I was wondering about.

I am after a change from things like Berserk and Shigurui and it seems this fits the bill. It will be the next series I watch.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mushi-Shi

I'm only on the second episode since I have a ton of other stuff to watch, but it's pretty good! I like the Mushi, they can be a bit cute sometimes!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mushi-Shi

Quite a visually stunning anime.
    I think the studio's are getting a little better.
    Although the manga was great.

Anyway, the anime had a nice feel to it. hes kinda a supernatural detective guy. I find it quite interesting how he is able to pull out the Mushi.

Mushishi is Great.

Only live action film I liked

Mushi-Shi

I haven't really watched the real live version of it, but the actor (Joe Odagiri) is pretty well known, and I've watched some of his past works, impeccable. x3 I just wish they didn't make Ginko look so scruffy...=_=

Anyway, I finished the anime, and I immediately fell in love with it, the OP really does fit the anime. I just wonder if they're planning to make a new season, since Ginko's job doesn't seem complete yet...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mushi-Shi

i havent seen the movie either. the anime is incredible and i finished it in a week. (it's a very calming anime to watch, considering i watch shonen a lot).

yes! they need a second season!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information