Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RahXephon...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

RahXephon...

I never really liked the series from the beginning. But recently I started watching it because of a severe lack of super robot shows. And as it turn out... although RahXephon may be considered a super robot, this certainly is not your average super robot show.

I still don't really like it, though at least I found myself amused once I reached the ending. But was all that it really worth my time?

Arrrgh.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

RahXephon...

I personally thought RahXephon should have been a 12/13 episode anime at most. Most of the middle episodes just seem like filler. The psychological part of the story did save it from being a terrible show for me, though.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

RahXephon...

Really? Personally I thought the psychological part was actually the worst. The lack of action right until the last episode kinda made me perplexed and annoyed.

I do like the conclusion though, but it makes all their previous struggle seem kind of pointless.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

RahXephon...

Eh, I guess I liked the psychological part since I like an action series to offer other genres too, so to not seem like one of those action series with excessive use of "Epic fight scene" episodes.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

RahXephon...

I didn't like the series to begin with, I was Evangelion 100%, but then it grew on me. The show did have a lot filler episodes that it could've done without, but I did like the psychological aspect. The ending was pretty abrupt but the movie gives us that extra bit of information that made me happy with the way everything turned out.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

RahXephon...

Fans of the series always say that the movie was good, but I'm just too scared to touch it.
    Perhaps I was disappointed simply because I was hoping to see an ordinary super robot show.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

RahXephon...

Decent show. Nothing to shake a stick at. But I find its one of those shows you only watch once.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

RahXephon...

Agreed. Still, I have to admit everything about the designs rocks, though.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

RahXephon...

I just bot the box set of this show that includes the movie. Well I bought it about a month ago, and the first few episodes make it hard for me to want to watch the whole thing. Does it get any better later on? Right now I am just finding a bunch of slow talking. Is that what the entire series is like???

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

RahXephon...

Wow. I feel for you, pal. Well, it doesn't really change much in the atmosphere.

The best I can say is that it doesn't grow on you immediately, but it kinda takes you on kinda slow. Like I said, I never really liked it. Though I still had some enjoyment from it. I guess in the end what made me finish it was simply my curiosity to know the fate of the characters.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information