Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trigun

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Trigun

Since, I have not seen any other threaRAB on Trigun, thought I would make one. What are your thoughts concerning the anime?

Personally, I liked the anime, but after finishing the manga recently, I found it was much more epic in comparison to the anime. I found it much more serious and darker than the anime, which is a good thing. Plus I liked the ending better. Overall though, one of my favorite series from my childhood. I hope the Trigun movie coming out somtime this year will follow the manga like the article stated it would.

The things I enjoyed about Trigun, is the message it portrays. Being that, we should all accept everyone for who we are and realize that no one is superior, or inferior to anyone else. We all have the same opportunintys in life to achieve somthing, and shouden't be hindered by any racial factors or gender. At least thats what I got out of it. Also the fact that we should be kind to one another even in times of distress, and try to look at the good in people. So much of the time we see the bad in things and forget about the good. Though Trigun somtimes may see life through rose color glasses, and somtimes things won't work like that in reality, its still good to keep this in mind.

Also gotta say that Wolfwood is awesome. Manga version of him is SO COOL. A priest with a cross gun called "Punisher" is a automatic win in my book.

On a side note, am I the only person who sees a Vash x Meryl, Wolfwood x Milly relationships? Nothing really happens in the manga, (forgot if anything happens between them in the anime), but I would have like to see it fleshed out just a touch more.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Trigun

Trigun is one of the best animes ever made, no overeaction, it really is. Spot on, my good sir, same reasons why I enjoyed it. It seems a bit awkward for the show to change from a silly comedy to a grimdark serious drama about halfway in the show, normally that really doesn't work. But for Trigun it did, those later episodes were pretty tense, especially the second last episode.

Only thing i didn't like was the sudden and abrupt ending. Also yeah, I think it was getting clear that Milly was starting to care for Vash in a romantic sense. The Meryl+Wolfwood hookup was a bit sudden to me, didn't see it coming(or I just wasn't paying attention).

But yeah, it was a powerful series, and I'll never forget it. I'm praying that the movie will do the series some justice. And not just end up as extended filler.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Trigun

I wouldn't necessarily say Trigun views the world through rose-colored glasses- Vash gets the snot kicked out of him repeatedly for doing the right thing, and ultimately it still isn't enough (episode 24? I think?). But the message is that it's still worth doing the right thing anyway.

Vash IS superior to his enemies, though. His compassion makes him so.

Looking forward to the movie.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Trigun

After finding out about this anime through a few different avenues, my curiosity has reached a point where I have decided this is the next series I will watch.

But Mendou said the ending was "abrupt". As I have a hatred for bad endings, does this one have questions left unanswered? I know the Manga would be better but I just cannot get into Manga (not through lack of trying though).

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Trigun

The mangas artwork starts bad. And by chapter 50 or so, its some of the best stuff I've ever seen. He continually got better in that aspect. It also help if you've seen the anime to watch the manga also. In my opinion, the ending was not abrupt in the manga for sure. Could be said otherwise of the anime though. So to awnser your question, it pretty well sums up everything.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Trigun

I have only read the first few pages of the manga, however I saw all of the anime and enjoyed it. The matchups on the anime did seem a bit sudden, and I kept hoping they would bring back one girl from a later episode.... The ending is not really as sudden as it seems, but enRAB like any good western does. Showdown at sundown. Just think of the original base ideas and it all becomes clear (or I have seen one too many westerns. It showing the world in a rose colored glasses is the same as the westerns too, good is good. despreate is, well despreate. And evil is always evil. Nuff said)

Trigun

Ive only seen a couple of episodes and from what ive seen, its pretty good. Vash is such a lovable character and the comedy is just classic.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Trigun

The ending for the manga was quite different than the anime bear in mind. Maybe you want to check it out, since I know I personally liked it better. Just a matter preference though. On a side not, cannot emphasize enough how much cooler Wolfwood was in the manga..

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Trigun

One last thing. Dubs or subs. I have a rule that the dubs I watch are Miyazaki films. But alot of the humor in anime can be lost with sub-titles and as Trigun has the word comedy tied to it, maybe the dubs might get the jokes across easier. (I look towarRAB FLCL where jokes can be lost with subs). What are peoples thoughts?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Trigun

Trigun starts out with comedy, but turns into a very serious story. However, if you want my opinion I would say subs. Then again I would say subs for ANY anime series. Just because I like to hear the original voices they were in.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information