My brother is 21 and I'm 18. It's rare but sometimes we still argue and sometimes it progresses and gets physical. My brother 6'1" 270 lbs starts screaming and then he gets in really close and towers over me (5'3" 110 lbs) so I have to keep backing up and he forces me into a corner and just towers and screams. I know I shouldn't do this, but I always do. I try to grab his arms and push him away but that just makes him madder and then he makes it so I can't move at all and yells about how I shouldn't touch him but it's scary and I want him to back up.
Today it happened and instead of grabbing his arms I put my knee up and went against the counter so when he got too close his crotch hit my knee. I technically didn't hit him. He walked into my knee and he realized very quickly that it was there and backed off but then he got furious and grabbed me and pushed me against the counter and now I have a bruise going across the bottom of my back and it really hurts. I honestly don't think I do anything wrong.He needs to control himself better. My dad didn't get mad at all. He just told me not to swear (I yelled F off as my brother kept getting closer) and told my brother not to push. what is the correct way to handle the situation?