hi! okay so i was on this website omegle.... i was bored. it's a website where you can talk to strangers.. i know its not smart..but i was bored. On omelge theres an option to videochat with a stranger or just chat. I decided to just chat since I don't even have a webcam. I was talking to one guy and i asked him if one time i should try video chatting with someone on omegle.. and he said "don't, they can hack your account and track you bah blah" and he seemed to know a lot of information about it. at the end he said "by the way that wasn't me hacking your account"... but I'm still really nervous about this. Do you think he could have hacked me? and can anyone you talk to in a chat room just get your IP address and hack you? I'm sorry i know nothing about this.... Also, how can someone hack you with just your IP address?

also, how do you get rid of a hacker (just wondering)?

and how do you prevent hackers?

oh and one other question... how does someone your just TALKING to even get your IP address?

thanks in advance! sorry this is pretty long haha
I didn't click on any links or anything.. i didn't give out any information except my gender and continent.....
Is there any POSSIBLE way he could have gotten my IP address... I'm getting mixed answers here...