Ever since it snowed, I haven't taken my bike out. When it was cold, but dry, I just bundled up and all was normal. I have had the itch to ride for the last few weeks, but am not really sure the best way to do it.

I live in Iowa, so it does get warm on some days and gets some snow melted, but for the most part it remains sloppy and snowy. I know some people would just say, "do it anyways, and put your foot down when you take turns," but that doesn't sound fun to me.

Does anyone here cycle in the winter months where there is plenty of snow covering the trails? Do you just resort to indoor training? Do you use a mountain/hybrid? Do you just chance it and hope you don't crash and burn?

The cold isn't the problem, its 1" wide tires going 20mph mixed with ice that is the problem.
I am assuming that comment wasn't directed at me jp, lol. I usually ride at a minimum of 20mph. Its not THAT fast, but its in the top 1-5% of the people who ride the trail. I have yet to be passed on it, so whatever. Speed doesn't matter anyways, unless you are racing. Since I am talking about recreational riding (since I don't know anyone who races in the winter), I think we can leave speed out of it.