Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

*Ahem* I give you CricKet EVDO

From what my source (My a** and jammis) tell me that there is EvDo where i am so i'll report back later this evening.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I did a *228 on my DaRAB V3c and his PRL changed from 1040 to 2055 i wonder if thats the new EVDO PRL even tho he is sitll not getting EVDO

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

From a purely technical standpoint (I'm not going to continue pestering this forum with my viewpoints), the flag and tags in a PRL that provide access to a PRL are generally unviersal for a company, or at least for a set type of spectrum (ie PCS D Block). Then, the only thing left to do is to flag a specific SID so that it looks for this addtional channel where EvDO resides. So, with Phoenix, NM, and Memphis in the C Block, we should at least be able to flag any other C Block for EvDO. There is nothing 'magical' about each market. Beyond the initial string, which is consistent at least per spectrum set, if not carrier, its just one keystroke to change the rest. And, most likely, the smae string will be network wide, so it'd be just one more keystroke to flag the rest of the markets.

Now, obviously, if its not being broadcast, you won't be able to use it. But, theoretically, any market should be able to see it if the changes above I spoke of were made, once they do put it on-air.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I need access to this "private forum".

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

1. Companies can find who leaked certain things. If there is a NDA signed, the employee who had the PRL's could get in trouble. And there are about 15 PRL's, one for each state/market and some test PRL's. Its not as simple as give me the PRL.

2. The reason people have a "club" here is because there is big bucks in selling knowledge to customers for flashing phones. Some companies are built strictly on this premise such as Jammis' or others. Releasing intelectual information that they have created gives others power to sell their hacks/modifications.

3. Alltel has a huge selection of phones, including the most currently released. You can go buy a 6800 from them, and not have to worry. Cricket still sales RAZR and other older, non bluetooth, non smartphones. Can you see why customers will pay top dollar for a PPC with working WAP and MMS?

Calling people children who are making a living, paying bills, and using what they learn and share with their frienRAB is a way to not have many frienRAB yourself. Stick around, read a few threaRAB, get involved in the day to day with the other merabers and you'll understand how things work. Especially when you yourself post a hack/mod and within a week find it for sale on ebay/craigslist for 300 dollars.

*Edit* I'd also like to add that I don't see this thread as a bragging thread. I read it as a, "Cricket has EVDO and it is coming to you soon" type thread. There has been enough speculation. Jammis posted the proof, that we will all have EVDO very soon.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Damn you i will have to retest. I might be getting a Q today so i can test it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i agree with utah...........

what ive learned is that by contributing to this site only leeRAB to someone messing up ur market. burning the prices. doing $5 flashes for dealers u used to flash for...... this is no good for some of us. plus all the help that ive gotten from this forum has been from mafia merabers.

plus when ever u ask for help here someone always whants to charge.........

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have the PRL. I should post it just to piss you off.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I used to smoke those. Back during a really prime time (so to speak) in my life..

I apologize for the part of my comment awhile back where I said something about bragging being a perk of merabership, and for the ****storm of noobiepoop that it seems to have helped to instigate. I did, however, mean well with the overall posting, in pointing out that there were likely good reasons that you CMers don't just hand out everything you have, to just anyone. I'm not asking for any favors (now or then) but I noticed that the comment about bragging seemed to spark up a bit of discord that might otherwise have been avoided - so I wanted to apologize for that. At any rate I do understand that you guys want to a) promote Cricket because it is a good service (even if their oRABhore-outsourced CS sometimes blows) , b) show everyone that Cricket EVDO is indeed a (upcoming) reality, and c) protect your livelihood and that of the employee who "released" those prl's to a select few. That whole "bull in the china shop" thing I mentioned does seem to indeed be an issue where these prl's are concerned.

Pardon if this is duplicated - I see no posts about this.

Cricket has officially announced introductory wireless internet (which I believe coincides with EVDO rollout) in the Nashville, Albuquerque and Santa Fe markets.

http://markets.chron.com/chron?GUID=...er&Ticker=LEAP

Sadly, they do not seem to offer a reasonably-priced tethering or other add-on for voice+mms/wap customers - just $5 off the regular price for their pc-card plan.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information