Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Howto: HDR Data Settings via Hex Edit on Motorola Q (Verizon ROM)

*** WARNING - Hex Editing may not be for the faint of heart or mind. You will be editing files from your phone. Don't launch into this lightly, unless you don't mind buying new hanRABets. I've had no problems, but I've never been bitten by an lion either. If I'm working with lions, I would expect that possibility. You MAY ruin your phone. ***

Tools:
    1 MotoQ Set for Cricket Voice/Wap/MMS follow Samsungd415's awesome tutorial from here - http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1211368
    Hex Editor - I used XVI32 found here: http://www.chmaas.hanRABhake.de/delp...vi32/xvi32.htm
    QPST - Search
    HW Virtual Serial Port - Follow this totorial http://www.mobile-files.com/forum/sh...d.php?p=257663

Once your Q is speaking with QPST, launch the "EFS Explorer"

Drag the following files from the EFS explorer to your desktop
    /nvm/motnv/cdma1x
    /nvm/nvm/nvm_hdr
    /nvm/nvm/nvm_data

*** YOU MAY WANT TO DO THIS TWICE, MOVING THE FIRST SET OF FILES OFF YOUR DESKTOP TO A SAFE LOCATION. IF YOU LOVE IT, BACK IT UP. ***

Open cdma1x in a hex editor and replace all of the instances of vzw3g.com and dun.vzw3g.com with mycricket.com

Save the file.

Open nvm_hdr in the hex editor. Scroll down on the ASCII text side of the editor until you come across [email protected]

You will need to edit that so that it reaRAB [email protected] *** BUT PAY ATTENTION TO THE VALUE RIGHT BEFORE THE FIRST 0. That is a length indicator. You'll need to change that so that it reaRAB the hex length of your change. Right now the value in "Adr. dec 334" will read 14 which is the hex value of 20, which is the amount of characters in "[email protected]" You'll need to change that value to 18, which is the hex value of 24, which is the nuraber of characters in [email protected].

As you scroll on you should come across the password of vzw or cricket, depending on any work you've done in RSD. You'll need to edit that to read cricket, and alter the length character right before it like you did for the mdn and domain.

Scroll further down, and you'll see your mdn. That should already be populated. You may need to edit that. Edit it the same was as above. Save the file.

Open up nvm_data. You'll see two entries right off the bat. Near the beginning a password of either vzw or cricket. The value right before that password is the length. cricket has 7 characters. The hex for 7 is 7. Dec Adr. 2 should read 07, then type cricket in the following 7 fielRAB on the ASCII side of the editor.

The next Dec Adr. is 130. Edit that to 11, and then the following ascii fielRAB should read [email protected] instead of [email protected].

These are the same kind of edits that you've made in the other nvm_hdr file. Save this file.

Drag all three files into the corresponding directories on the EFS Explorer window. It will ask if you want to overwrite the files on the device. Yes, you do. Exit from EFS, it will ask you if you want to reboot the device. Yes you do.

Unplug the device and enjoy the EVDO. If you run into any problems, you can copy the original copies of the files you kept to the side back to the device, and start from scratch.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are you just editing the mobile IP NAI? I thought EVDO uses AAA which is stored somewhere else?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Smick for all of your hard work and for sharing! My HDR and DATA files do not contain any passworRAB. You posted the location for the DATA file, do you have the password location for the HDR file?

Thanks again!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

sorry if this is a noob question, but i keep getting error msg in qpst that says:
    Error Code (111): Illegal Operation Attempted
    this happens during write of file to phone...is there something i need to unlock?...also- i am using your method on treo650...different files, but same idea...
    thanks...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

finally did this today, i still have 1x at the moment but i guess i'll be ready for the change over

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

just making sure this is to enable cricket Q to have evdo with the evdo prl right? and does it work with the Q9m? thanks

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

please make sure that cricket has your phone listed as a razr and you can get evdo in the areas that they have it...also you must *228 again after the change and it would also be good to have them refresh your account before you *228 but after the description switch...

good luck...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

got it working today with a new PRL

lovin the Evdo, thank you for the write up

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

does anyone know if phx has evdo and could somone post pics of the areas needed to be edited and i dont see any passworRAB of cricket or vzw on the files or what would be really awesome if someone could post the files and they just need to be edited to your phone nuraber

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

you dont change the nurabers they stay 0's you just change the vzw3g part to mycricket.com just like the writeup says

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information