Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

want to change mobile web ip address

hi I have the $50 mobile web and went to ip-adress.com and get the ip address of 63.214.184.6

I then cleared the cache on my lingo and exited the browser and then went online to ip-adress.com again and it gave me the same ip address. I thought each and every time you accessed the internet you are supposed to get a new ip address. Does anyone know how to make the mobile web give you a new ip address. I am using a lingo.

:doh:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

:^/ The nuraber of existing IP address is finite, and the bank of addresses set aside for mobile phones is a small subset of those. When you're connecting, you're assigned an address chosen at random from the nurabers available to your provider. The odRAB of getting a particular one depend upon how many are your provider has for their use.

You likely won't get the same one all the time, but there's nothing to prevent it happening by coincidence sometimes. I know of no way to force the IP address to be different each time. I suppose it's possible that your local tower may be remerabering the IP address you got last time and giving it to you again, especially if you last logged in only a little while ago. Trying a different cell each time could help prevent that. Say, try from home and again from work, or wherever.

the ip address is for cricket's proxy server. you're not going to get it to change. all cricket phones will have the same publicly facing ip address.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

was gonna say, thats a public ip and i doubt you'll get one everytime you connect. research NAT and the like.

laraaaaiiiiiiiii
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Smith View Post
    hi I have the $50 mobile web and went to ip-adress.com and get the ip address of 63.214.184.6

I then cleared the cache on my lingo and exited the browser and then went online to ip-adress.com again and it gave me the same ip address. I thought each and every time you accessed the internet you are supposed to get a new ip address. Does anyone know how to make the mobile web give you a new ip address. I am using a lingo.

:doh:
    Yes ip address is change frequently. But it depends upon your broadband connection. Sometimes ip address renew with in 8 hours or 24 hrs. I have changed my ip address from the below method.
    )Go to Start->Run->Cmd->Press Enter..
    Type in "ipconfig/release" for Current IP address and then type "ipconfig/renew" for New IP address.
    2)Either follow step 1 or Simply restart or unplug your modem/router .
    Doing either step 1 or 2 will change your Dynamic IP address. Visit Ip-details.com to check your IP address is changed or not. You can also try the method then change ip address.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

-

I think youll find our MFs have been giving away as many fouls as the our defenders. Its just you dont get sent off, as you not the last man.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information