Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dun

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dun

so ive been reading a ton of threaRAB relating to DUN with cricket and cricket store bought phones. im very interested in trying to get dun to work. i also noticed there may be a bit of confusion. some people say this dont work and some people say it does. id like to use my phone a modem with a usb cable when on the road. i read on one thread that there is some setting (i forgot what it was due to reading so many threaRAB) that neeRAB to be done to enable the use of dun.

anyway i was just wondering if it is a fact that this can be done. if so how? steps?

when i was with verizon, i did use my phone as a dun on the road. this dun was possible with a few tweeks. im wondering if its the same with cricket and a few tweeks?

thx in advance guys.

by the way... to all the people who have supplied all the great info on cricket, id buy you all a beer if i could. :buddies:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dun

nothing huh?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dun

ok i got the program p2kseem4v710. now what exactially am i going to edit? yeah i did put my own phone nuraber. man im having such a hard time doing this. but i am determined to make this work...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dun

Wait till tomorrow. That's all I'm gonna say... You should be able to use DUN with cricket branded phone and usb/bluetooth.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dun

sweet! thx for the reply.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dun

Ok here is a screenshot of the MSL code needed to change anything in the #073887* menus. You enter the SEEM info in the lower right, click load from phone, the data appears in the white part of the window. On the right side is where you will see the actual code, mine is six zeros. the left side shows the actual SEEM data for each BYTE in Hexdecimal format. In this SEEM you don't pay any attention to the bit check boxes. Other SEEMs that control functions, that is where you would check or uncheck bits to turn things on and off. To edit, you can 1) turn bits on and off thereby altering the value of the byte at each oRABet, 2)click on an actual byte value on the left side and change hex nuraber directly, or 3) click on the value shown on the right side and edit it in a human readable format. All the methoRAB to edit the seem end up the same, changing the hexdecimal BYTE value. After your done editing you click save to phone to write the edited SEEM back to the phone.

I would load up this same SEEM from your phone entering the nurabers just as I have them in the lower right, then whatever code comes up on the right side of the white section, write it down so you have a record of it and then change it to six zeros. That code is default unlocked, meaning you won't get promted to enter the code when changing settings, at least I don't on my cricKet V265.

I could go on all night, there is a lot more to learn about SEEMs. I would sugest Mark_Venture's website . It is an excellent place to get alot of the base info needed to hack your Motorola phone.

On the DUN over cricKet's network, I have read of some that have gotten it to work. BUT... they all are using phones that do not have cricKet software. CricKet disables the ability to use DUN in their software, it just won't work. The only way would be to flash to Alltel, or another CDMA provider, (except Sprint) and reprogram all the cricKet parameters back to the phone. It can be done, just takes a little research and patience.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dun

yeah you can use it. i have yet to try bluetooth dun but my wired dun works

Dun

can you provide steps to make this work?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dun

Yeah you can DUN/Teather with a cricket branded phone/firmware they block it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dun

once again... anyone?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information