Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Majin Vegeta Sacrifice

Why have women accomplished so little throughout human history?

First person on the moon a man. Person who invented the tv a man. Person who invented computer a man. Person who invented cars a man. Person who invented airplane a man. Do you see what I mean? Men have accomplished countless achievements throughout human history. In fact if it isn't wasn't for men no technology would exist. And mankind would still be in the dark ages. By contrast women haven't really accomplished that much. I just think there is no excuse for why women haven't accomplished more. I'm not trying to slight women are anything. I just think women have to get some pride and start doing more for themselves. And stop depending on men to do everything for them.
    women have to start doing more for themselves because let's just say all men disappear one day. How would women survive? Who would keep society up and running? Do you see what I mean? This why must start being more independent.

April S
    Because historically, women have been oppressed by men and have been prevented from accomplishing anything major. Or if they did accomplish anything, men often took the credit!

Joe
    Jesus! whats with all the chicks responding to this question? Aren't there stew to be made and floors to be cleaned?

maxim
    well woman dont have aspirations in invention. woman would be happy sitting on a couch chatting all day. woman are inferior when it comes to matters of invention and creation. but who packed all the lunches that saw these men invent? the woman ^^ and who raised their children. the woman. i supose woman are like the cooling system in a car. not absaloutely nessasary to run it. but after a few minuites the car will be borken and stop functionng. the bibe said woman are compliment to man, and thats true.

Dracula's (#91) luver!
    oh my another male w/a huge ego who needs it to be stroked. Good grief!
    I suggest you read more. Women are very accomplished. I guess Cleopatra, Queen Elizabeth,Nefriteri, Marie Curie and 1,000s of others slipped your mind huh?

Well, if all men were to disappear one day I have my internal massager. Plus, I already earn my own money. No problemo. I took auto in high school so I can change my own bloody tire.

TOASTEE
    Here are just a few I found...yea, we better get moving....

Mary Anderson
    Mary Anderson invented the windshield wiper. Anderson was issued a patent for the wipers in 1905.

Virginia Apgar
    Apgar invented a newborn scoring system or "Apgar Score" for assessing the health of newborn infants.

Barbara Askins
    Developed a totally new way of processing film.

Patricia Bath
    The first African American woman doctor to receive a patent for a medical invention.

Miriam E. Benjamin
    Ms. Benjamin was the second black woman inventor to receive a patent. She received a patent for an invention she called a "Gong and Signal Chair for Hotels".

Patricia Billings
    Patricia Billings invented a indestructible and fireproof building material called Geobond®.

Katherine Blodgett
    Invented the non-reflecting glass.

Bessie Blount
    Blount invented a device to help disabled people eat with less difficulty.

Sarah Boone
    An improvement to the ironing board was invented by African American Sarah Boone on April 26, 1892.

Rachel Fuller Brown
    Rachel Brown co-invented Nystatin, the world's first useful antifungal antibiotic.

Josephine Garis Cochran
    In 1886, Josephine Cochran invented the first practical dishwasher.

Martha J. Coston
    Martha Coston invented a pyrotechnic signaling system known as maritime signal flares.

Dianne Croteau
    Invented Actar 911, the CPR mannequin.

Marie Curie
    Marie Curie also known as Madame Curie discovered radium and furthered x-ray technology.

Marion Donovan
    The convenient disposable diaper was invented by New Yorker Marion Donovan in 1950.

Gertrude Belle Elion
    Elion invented the leukemia-fighting drug 6-mercaptopurine, drugs that facilitated kidney transplants and other drugs for the treatment of cancer and leukemia.

Edith Flanigen
    Flanigen was the inventor of a petroleum refining method and is considered one of the most inventive chemists of all time.

Helen Free
    Free was the inventor of the home diabetes test.

Sally Fox
    Sally Fox invented naturally-colored cotton.

Frances Gabe
    Gabe invented the "Self Cleaning House".

Lillian Gilbreth
    Lillian Moller Gilbreth was an inventor, author, industrial engineer, industrial psychologist, and mother of twelve children.

Sarah E. Goode
    Sarah Goode was the first African American women to receive a U.S. patent.

Bette Nesmith Graham
    Graham invented liquid paper, also known as White-Out™.

Temple Grandin
    Temple Grandin invented livestock-handling devices.

KK Gregory
    KK Gregory is the ten-year old inventor of Wristies®.

Ruth Handler
    The Barbie doll was invented in 1959 by Ruth Handler.

Elizabeth Lee Hazen
    Elizabeth Hazen co-invented Nystatin, the world's first useful antifungal antibiotic.

Beulah Henry
    All told, Henry made about 110 inventions and holds 49 patents.

Dorothy Crowfoot Hodgkin
    Hodgkin used x-rays to find the structural layouts of atoms and to discover the overall molecular shape of over 100 molecules including: penicillin, vitamin B-12, vitamin D and insulin.

Krisztina Holly
    Co-invented the telephony software called Visual Voice.

Erna Schneider Hoover
    Hoover invented the computerized telephone switching system.

Grace Hopper
    Grace Hopper was a computer inventor best known for the Mark computer series.

Mary Phelps Jacob
    Mary Phelps Jacob invented the bra.

Amanda Theodosia Jones
    Jones re-invented American food production by inventing vacuum packed canning.

Marjorie Stewart Joyner
    Joyner invented a permanent wave machine that would allow a hairdo to stay set for days.

Anna Keichline
    Architect, Anna Keichline created inventions for the home.

Mary Kies: Patenting Pioneer
    Kies was the first women to receive a U.S. patent on May 15, 1809.

Gabriele Knecht
    Patented the Forward Sleeve design for creating clothing.

Margaret Knight
    Margaret Knight was an employee in a paper bag factory when she invented a new machine part to make square bottoms for paper bags. Knight can be considered the mother of the grocery bag, she founded the Eastern Paper Bag Company in 1870.

Stephanie Louise Kwolek
    Kwolek invented a material five times stronger than steel called Kevlar.

Hedy Lamarr
    Lamarr was a movie star and inventor.

Ada Lovelace
    Wrote a scientific paper in 1843 that anticipated the development of computer software artificial intelligence and computer music.

Sybilla Masters - First American Woman Inventor
    Masters was the first American female inventor in recorded history, but no doubt women have been inventing since the dawn of time without the deserved recognition.

Ann Moore
    Invented the Snugli baby carrier.

Krysta Morlan invented a device that relieves the irritation caused by wearing a cast - the cast cooler.

Ellen Ochoa
    Ochoa invented optical analysis systems and was the world's first Hispanic female astronaut.
    Alice Parker
    Alice Parker invented a new and improved gas heating furnace.
    Betty Rozier and Lisa Vall

Beep
    Sexism was quite strong in the era you are talking about. Women really were suppressed from the tools that men used to make such accomplishments.

Is the female mind as apt, less apt, or more apt at the male mind in Science, Math, and Engineering? Since the two are different biologically, it's likely that one is better than the other at different things. Which one is better, we don't know yet. Sexism has only recently started to die off in industrial nations, and there hasn't been enough time to come to a consistent society to make such observations from.

Regardless, though, even if the female mind was stronger, due to being denied the education and tools, women simply couldn't have done such things.

jellybeanchick
    If you are interested in a real explanation, just say so and I will write one.

Julie M
    women weren't able to own patents until very late in the game...many women felt it was their duty to stay at home, so they weren't out getting secondary education to become things like astronauts, etc.

as soon as the playing field leveled out here in the western world, we've been seeing a lot more female successes.

but, try being a female astronaut in iraq or some other less modern country...many woman can't even learn to read, much less accomplish something that will make them famous.

Spuddy
    Women have accomplished a lot; you're just too stupid to realize it. Also, inventing things is not the only way one can positively contribute to humanity.

But the real question is: what exactly have you accomplished? Or are you just going to pat yourself on the back and take credit for all the inventions and innovations other men made just because you share a gender with them?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information