Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

6800 WTF????? sreiously i dont get this~!

i have my htc mogul on the cradle every night. and this morning i wake up and getting ready to go about my day when some one texts me. well they try to and my phone flashes from the sleepy black state but dose not show any messages. i know that something is up so i pick it up and press the messages button and the thing goes in to it but shows the windows loading syrabol.

this is not normal. BTW i cant turn the phone on or off because that button is broke. its a beat up phone but has worked well for months. so i press reset because i do that every couple days because it gets slow.... then the windows mobile screen comes up and takes like 5 min and dose not open windows. so i reset. this happens twice and then i give up and go to work.

all day i have been searching for a new htc went to sprint store and every thing. looking for a new phone. come home sit at the comp. start looking at forums about phones to flash. an hour ago i put my phone on its cradle. just sitting there by its lonesome and at the windows screen. and all of a sudden the windows loading comes on and it boots through???!!! WTF are you kidding me? dose this happen? has it happened to any one else here?

anyway i had a issue with sbc or spc... it was a program called time. slowed every thing down. got rid of it and everything has been peachy till now. should i get rid of the other software? dose anyone have a clue about this.... the bogging down of my phone and also the mysterious resurrection like Jesus himself?

any info will be nice... im sorta afraid to touch it. i was lost with out my contacts today i would hate to make it worse. thank you

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

update: its acting super slow everything i touch is taking so long to load, im off loading all the apps that may cause this. anyone know why its being slow?

Thread Moved As Per The Forum Announcement

And Please Use More Appropriate thread titles as this isnt really specific to the issue the thread pertains to.

Thank You

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

SounRAB like you could be having some hardware issues. The only way to rule out software would be to perform a hard reset. Note that if you do this, you'll lose everything on your phone that is not in ROM (programs, contacts, even some Cricket programming). How much programming you'll lose depenRAB on the ROM you're running--do you know which one you're on?

To hard reset, hold both soft keys and hit the soft reset button and follow the prompts to get back to Manufacturing Defaults.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

you have to be kidding..... tell me please i don't have to press the power button? that button is missing, just a hole where it used to be. phone is sorta on but being slow. anyway i can back up contacts before this?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

my bad i had no clue i posted in a bad spot. i have not been here for a while and a lots changed. there are a lot of categorizes that i could have easily put this in. like htc forum.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

my contacts are all missing

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

3.42.02 is my rom, is it possible that my phone has a virus? after all its acting like my comp with tons of malware and it is windows mobile.... using IE the gate way to the know computer killer universe.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

LOL i just sent you a pm To0, i think my phone is toast im attempting to recover contact data and then i might put it in a glass case. thing looks like its been in an Iraq road side IED incident followed by a mortar attack.

boy i sure loved this phone. at one point i was using it as a remote for my tv. it held my valuable word texts and PDFS and about 4 gigs of pictures to show off to random strangers at bars. not to mention all the full length ringers i had. altho they only played for 30 seconRAB. never got around to updating flash and watching videos on it tho.

i wish this phone had more ram. that's it its been great but could use more ram. looking in to upgrading tho.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information