Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trevvy Tracks

What is your opinion of P.E.T.A.?

We all know who PETA is and some of the insane stuff they do. So tell me, from what the media has portrayed about them, what is your opinion on this "animal rights" organization? Personally, I find them appalling and quite honestly, stupid. Their president Ingrid Newkirk has killed more animals than she's saved, and she's quite proud of it.

So what's your view?

Care
    We're all hypocrites trying to work together and hate one another.

I can understand having a passion for "animal rights" and being against animal testing, and all that jazz.

But people have been eating meat for thousands of years.

I think they tend to overreact at times.

Lardy Taco
    The theory in general is nice - I believe in animal rights too, and the humane treatment (or death) of ALL animals. But you're right, they get a bad reputation with the quirky stuff that hits the news.

CrusaderWithACause
    I think their basic cause is good, the whole saving animals and protecting them. I know of some good stuff they have done lately. But I think there are some members who go way too far with it and become insanely wrapped up in the cause. And that's not good for anyone with any cause.

loriel345
    they have good intentions, but they go too far at times to prove a point... they take attention off the animals in need and put it on themselves when they act crazy

mooseboy333
    i love
    People for the
    Eating of
    Tasty
    Animals

Musicman812
    I love animals (not fanatically) which is why I hate PETA.

Penn and Teller on Peta -- funny and quite informative:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9ijLulwUTY

Very cult-like.

patrick m
    Before giving you my answer I felt it important that I read the other comments. I am a member of PETA however I am not a standing member in any specific chapter. The way the Media has portrayed the Organization is abominable and is much of the reason the group itself has come to act the way they do. Unfortunately when faced a media who chooses to look the other way when a "paying contributer" does something wrong groups like PETA are left with no other choice but to act in bizarre ways in order to bring to light the issues they are confronting. I am a meat eating member of the organization but I lobby to improve slaughter house conditions for the humane slaughter of cattle, pork and the like. There are certain things that I will not do like wear fur, or support the Circus or Performing Animals. If we are to be labeled Nuts, wackjobs and other things I think that those who would place those labels on PETA members aught to first watch the video link I am placing at the bottom of this post. If you do not watch the link or you don't feel a profound desire to speak out against cruelty of animals after seeing the program then you have no right to label because it is you who are truely the one who is a Nut a Wackjob or other. So How do I feel about PETA... I like it. I support it and I promote it.

superstar
    in general we should not harm animalz, and P.E.T.A u r right about them.

cheaptequila17
    theyre batshyt crazy. and they dont even know it. i wish they would vanish.

i love my dog, and i hate to see animals in pain, but I love steaks and burgers and leather....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information