Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Miss Ashley
    im all for animal rights too but those peta people are crazy! they are like a christain at a gay pride parade.

Berhanu
    full of sh*t

rb991168
    I think they are ridiculous. PETA needs to relax and leave people alone. I have the right to do whatever I want in this country as long as it is not illegal. If i want to wear a fur coat, then i want to wear one without the risk of having it destroyed by some PETA loser.

Variable 46
    Frequently well intentioned but often misguided and counter-productive. Like many similar organizations, their strength lies in members who are "on a mission," and by that, I mean people who feel they must prevail at all costs, and are incapable of recognizing that there is a legitimate argument to be made on the other side.

And also, these organizations are very well funded because they work on the principle of spreading misinformation in and amongst their factual claims, inspiring fear and revulsion, and getting people to send in money which in turn goes to an extremely well paid leadership cadre whose main purpose is not to protect animals, but instead to inspire more fear and revulsion so that people will continue to send in more and more money.

This is unfortunate because there are bona-fide reasons for PETA to exist, and PETA has inspired some good work.

tony
    Just like the NRA, AARP or any other special interest group, their intentions are good but they take it way too far and get way to radical. To avoid giving up the things that are most near and dear to their position, they pick fights on even the smallest of issues and as a result they get out of control.

Any group who posts billboards on a college campus encouraging college students to drink more beer to avoid milk has got to be questioned as to their vision.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information