which movie was crueler to the Person who tried to "beat the system", main protagonist?

BQ: Have you read One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest book by Ken Kesey?
if yes, why do you think they changed the whole atmosphere of the story in the movie?

BQ2: What does the title "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" mean? (to you)
BQ3: What does the title "Dead Poets Soicety" mean? (to you)
@ soma....: you wouldn't believe how many people who saw just the movie and haven't read the book didn't even get what they did to McMurphy

in DPS they took the only thing he had left in the world from him, just like with McMurphy they took the only precious thing he had
@ Honey Bunny: lol, Milos can do wrong )) but what I meant about the changes they made wasn't even the POV, more of the atmosphere - in the movie their ward isn't such a terrible place, every page hurt to read what a dictatorship it is there, the male nurses were monsters in the book, you barely notice them in the movie, and the final scene with Nurse Ratched - I know how it sounds lol, but it was really important for the story that she had big breasts and got her coat torn at the end. And as I said - most people didn't get he got lobotomy - maybe it's even for the better, idk.

Overall, the book was darker and more tense on "the dark side of force" lol. The movie feels lighter, again, maybe it's a good thing ))