Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    sculptorjmbudka

I need a bulletproof Jeep?

Hi. I have an eclectic life. I need a vehicle that will look good, put up with a beating, handle the bumps, cargo, and my absentminded approach to maintenance, and last me a while.

I am a handyman, carpenter, sculptor, welder, prop maker, furniture maker, etc. Basically, I haul a lot of stuff and drive all over Chicago to get to jobs. I spend a lot of time in the car and it has to be comfortable, reliable, and versitile.

I had an old 89 Jeep Cherokee. It was great, but took a crap on me after 2 years. I burned through two transmissions in one year and then the starter tore apart my flywheel and the U jounts went. It just turned into a lemon.

I want to know if there is a Jeep out there which won't bust on me. I hear there are years that are like wine. Some are amazing after 25 years, some are just crap and only get worse. Can anyone reccomend a year or model of jeep? (I'm thinking another Cherokee just for the size)

I am considering getting a plow, could a cherokee handle it?

C-Tech
    Ok. Given your "ïnterests" and the fact that you want a plow, I suggest a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Most came with the 4.0L I-6 engine which is very reliable. Snow plow kits are readily availible and you might find one with the plow already installed. The Unlimited body style is a longer Wrangler which gives you extra capacity and the top and backseat are removeable for your "art". Otherwise a 1999-2001 Cherokee should fill your needs for the same reasons. Good Luck!

Please keep up with the maintenance, it'll last longer and be more reliable!

Jeep4me
    he is right, i have a cj5 and its held up and taken some beatings. hope you find what your looking for.

Amy?
    you should get an old fashioned hummer

happy2b_white
    Get an old CJ5, the type with solid axles. The Cherokee was built cheap and designed to appeal to people who bought station wagons.

nathanmerique
    Or a CJ-2A would work depending on if you take highways or not. My jeep can go anywhere and be dependle when I need it to be. A CJ-5 would probably be better because of the solid axles and it can go faster and be more dependable.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information