Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    gwens18a

Will Tertullian’s Blessing apply if we continue to ignore the problems of global...

...warming? Will Tertullian’s Blessing apply if we ignore the problem of global warming and resources to feed the global population diminish?
    If you are unfamiliar with what Tertullian said 1700 years ago, it goes like this-
    "The strongest witness is the vast population of the Earth to which we are a burden and she can scarcely provide for our needs; as our demands grow greater, our complaints against nature ’s inadequacy are heard by all. The scourges of pestilence, famine, wars, and earthquakes have come to be regarded as a blessing to overcrowded nations since they serve to prune away the luxuriant growth of the human race."

albatros39a
    Well thanks, I'll sleep much better now after reading that. I'm afraid our friend Tertullian could add global warming to pestilence, famine, wars, and earthquakes.

Morpheus
    Oh - thanx for that - I didn't realize Tertullian had said that.

Oh yes - there will come a point where the environment will begin to slide and the human deaths will be in the millions per hour after a couple weeks of starvation and inadequate water.

It's going to be awful - but people will apparently never control their own reproduction, and at this point the human population of this planet is beyond it's carrying capacity. So we all live on the last sliver of borrowed time.

Too bad we threw away the last 8 years on the pin head we have at the moment in the White House. Maybe something could have been done - but that chance was thrown down the toilet so we could start more wars.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information