Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    jtbigz_ga

SOHC Dodge Charger rev issue?

Im use to owning DOHC engines but have recently purchased a 08 Dodge Charger with a 3.5L SOHC (automatic). I didnt pay much attention to it at first but after revving the engine Ive noticed that it continues to rev after I let my foot off of the gas. In my mind it seems as if it gets "stuck" and continues revving. The RPM's dont go any higher after letting off the gas but stay in the same general RPM range atleast 2-3 seconds after I let off. Is this typical with a SOHC, some type of safety system put on them? Thanks for any suggestions. (This is while sitting in park or neutral)
    Yes guys, I didnt think the camshafts would be any reason either. Def letting the dealer take a look at it tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

whitaxle
    Surely an 08 car should have warranty? Let the dealer deal with it.
    They may be able to offer an explanation,or check for a fault.
    I don't think the number of camshafts has anything to do with it.

Verwah
    It has nothing to do with the number of camshafts. the throttle linkage is getting hungup somewhere. have a friend rev the motor while you look under the hood. Notice the lever with the cable wrapped half-way around it. Make sure that isn't getting hung up when it tries to return to idle throttle position. you might need to adjust the tighness of the pin that it pivots on. Or make sure the cable is not rubbing on anything else in the engine bay.

cubby
    Sound like you got a sticky accelerator.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information