This question is posed to T-Mobile customers who use the G2. Are any of your G2 users experiencing constant fluctuation in data speeds? Specifically, are your data speeds switching from HSPA+ to EDGE constantly? (And staying on EDGE about 75% of the time?)

Unfortunately, that's what I'm getting. Based on my location (I'm in Los Angeles), I'm told by T-Mobile support that I should be getting HSPA+ speeds majority of the time, and if not that, I should get at least normal 3G speeds. However, I'm finding that more often than not, I'm seeing an (E) at the top of the screen which signifies it's using EDGE, which is 2G. I almost never see (G), which would signify I'm getting 3G speeds.

I tried rebooting the phone, having T-Mobile reset my network connection, and replacing the little SIM chip. Nothing seems to help. The phone continuously fluctuates between (E) and (H), no matter what area I'm in, even if I'm just sitting in one spot. And as I stated before, it's usually on (E) most of the time. There's even times when I don't see any letter at the top of the screen and I'm unable to connect to the web.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have any suggestions can offer? Are there any apps that I can download that will monitor and keep track of how often my phone is on (E), (G), or (H)? T-Mobile hasn't been able to help. I have an open ticket for the engineers to check the data service in the area, but I don't expect much to come from that.

I've ruled out the option of it being a problem with my phone since I, my wife, my brother, and my friend all have G2's. All purchased at different times and all of us seem to get the constant fluctuation in data speeds.

I've been a long-time customer of T-Mobile and I don't plan on leaving them. But I'm really beginning to feel cheated when they sold me on a claim that I'd be taking advantage of this new HSPA+ network which will give me 3G at 4G speeds, but instead I'm delivered 2G speeds 75% of the time.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help!