Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Anubis's Right Wing

Old vehicle (Jeep) to be fitted with airbags?

Hello.

I am getting my first vehicle soon, from relatives. It's an old Jeep Cherokee (Between the year 1993-1995, I believe, I can't remember which.) It's not a terrible first car, but one issue really concerns me: the car does not have air bags (or really any other modern safety feature.)

Is it possible to install airbags on an old car that did not have them to begin with? My mom said it might be, but it'd be quite expensive.

Friendly Stranger..
    No. It would be costly but it isn't very practical to even think about installing air bags into a vehicle. I have an older car from the early 90's myself. It doesn't have air bags either, and because of the design it would be more hassle to install them. But I would think it isn't possible because in order to do that you would need to replace the steering wheel, and I think it is agreed that it would be costly to do that. So my answer is, no. The car was made without a steering wheel and it is near impossible to install an airbag in a vehicle that it wasn't built for.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information