Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Macross (Macross Frontier) - Talkback

Ive heard good things about Macross 7, which i should check out in the future. Though it does have a rocking intro i say...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ep 5 is out (not sub) and I must say it has a lot of ineresting scenes, two worRAB hippo-cows

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ah so we now know what's up with Sheryl's earring after ep 16

[spoiler]Fold Quartz Crystal... I'm guessing that it was all part of the experiment and it is an artificial means of amplifying whatever the project was. Ranka for whatever reason has the ability in spades and doesn't need any type of amplification though.

I'm wondering when we're going to find out the Varja are actually not evil and are basically just being exploited and slaughtered for no reason though... I think they probably are farming the corpses for material and it's where they originally started this whole project from.

Next episode is entitled Goodbye Sister and shows Ozama a lot in the credits... Is this his Roy Foekker moment?

Seems kind of obvious if it is, so perhaps just Ranka moving out or going somewhere.
    [/spoiler]

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think he is with the Vajra, but what the Fleet believes is that the Vajra are an alien life-form using organic type machines to attack with, which is true, but it seems like the Vajra may be controlled by some third party of which the Red Veritech guy is a part of and taking orders from.

It seemed like that one ship of Vajra eggs was perhaps a rogue thing or left behind and he was ordered to clean up the mess and destroy the evidence so the military wouldn't have anything to analyze.

It might be somewhat of a parallel to the original intelligent race in the galaxy (the Protoculture) which created the Zentraedi. The Protoculture used the Zentraedi as their muscle, breeding them and using them as foot soldiers to wage war against other civilizations they encountered. They stripped away certain emotions and segregated the sexes so as not to allow them to reproduce on their own.

This third party might be employing the vajra in a similar way. Breeding and creating these creatures to fight for them and when something goes awry they destroy them.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

So, what's the verdict on watching this if you've never seen Macross 7 (well, past episode 1, anyway), and its been ages since you've seen Macross? I figure it stanRAB well enough on its own, but hearing how it's a "direct sequel" tenRAB to make me think otherwise.

And also, about that pilot - watch it, skip it, watch it AND episode 1 ? What's the consensus there?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ah, the reason for Ranka's gut glow is that she has the V-virus (or Bactria or whatever) in her intestines and not her brain (so does that mean the Vajra know everything she has ever eaten?).

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Macross - awesome, the best
    Macross DYRL - awesome, but no where near as good as the series
    Macross II - I enjoyed it a lot due to it having different villians controlling the Zentraedi, the Marduk. A lot of mythological references there from Babylon (Marduk, Ishtar).
    Macross Plus - OVA version is so freaking boring but the movie version is quite enjoyable and the ending is A LOT better.
    Macross 7 - Started out with an interesting concept that just became the same episode 48 more times.
    Macross Zero - It had to do with Macross how now? Visually stunning but plot of nonsensical crap.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think episode 16 is the first one were Basara and the Proto-Devlin were menioned by name.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

heh true. I wasn't shocked to hear Basara mentioned since we did hear him playing in Ozama's car, but they're not wiping the Proto-Devlin under the rug and actually referenced them quickly

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well who would be controlling them?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information