Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Eureka seveN - good night, sleep tight, young lovers" Talkback (Spoilers)

I'm not GWOtaku, but here's my opinion--it would probably be a good idea to get them to watch the series first, to avoid any possible confusion.

[spoiler]Hap and Stoner were completely different characters in the original series as they were in the movie, for example.[/spoiler]

This is making me want to collect the series now.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

From what I can tell the positive aspects of the movie exist in the series as well, so I would watch it. As an introduction to others? Eh, I don't know. It didn't turn me off but the best course is probably to show the story that is most accessible and easy to understand.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Out of curiosity, what were your experiences like? Was it a large audience? Were people cheering? Etc.

For me, there couldn't have been more than twenty people in the audience. The theater itself was fairly large. But roughly less than 5% of the theater was filled, so I was kinda disappointed with the turnout. The audience only really reacted to the blooper reel/credits during the after-movie special.

The one majorly annoying thing for me was the projection system. For one thing, you could clearly see some burn in on the screen. It was distracting to see the faded Dish Network HD logo overlapping everything. Also, the screen wasn't as bright as I'd have liked.

In the future, I hope Fathom Events chooses better venues with more modern, up-to-date digital projectors.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Makes sense. I guess there's some plot points that the movie spoils too like [spoiler]that Eureka is an alien and Talho is pregnant.[/spoiler]

There were only six people including myself, but that's probably because it was in the middle-of-nowhere, Wisconsin. I don't think they sold another ticket that night aside from the Eureka Seven film. It was that dead.

I had no problem with my audience at all. They were silent for the most part, and chuckled at the amusing Renton and Eurkea moments (they loved the bloopers as well). From the conversations I overheard at the end of the movie, it seemed like everyone enjoyed the film. The only problem our theater had with the presentation was that the generic Fathom Events intro kept on skipping around for about five minutes. But other than that, we had no problems with the visuals or audio of the film itself. Definitely worth the $12.

*lolzubertopicrevival* It's okay for me to respond, right? Even though it's been months? I was looking for the NaT,HaT topic since Sci-Fi's starting it up again, but found this and read it, and since I loved this movie to death.....

My theatre experience apparently was a bit more enjoyable than most others. The theatre had a somewhat small crowd as well, maybe about 10 or so people. Just like I like it, the crowd actually reacted to a few things going on during the movie--like myself(got a couple of laughs out of them with my random outbursts)--and we would give out a quick "HAHA!" or a "WOAH!" or something during most of the battle scenes, as well as laugh at practically all of the jokes. We also had quite a riot during the blooper reel, which--btw--was absolute genius.(Aw, Kate Higgins was pregnant. How sweet.)

Regaining my manly composure, we even went so far a to all stand up and give a good round of applause for the movie after it had finished. After, as I always do when I go to see an anime movie, I socialized with a few of the people at who had seen the movie--actually spent a few minutes with these couple of dudes who were clearly huge fans, seeing as they even had the freakin' T-shirts. xD. It was a totally awesome experience, as usual, made all the better by the audience I was pleasured to be accompanied by.

Sound and picture were totally perfect, by the way--I was beyond blown away by the utter immensity of the sound quality. Ear-shattering, but in the best way possible. O.o

Damn it....when the hell is this thing comin' on DVD?!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information