Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Funi has Dragonball Kai (Confirmed)

Honestly, though, only a few of those voices really bug me. Most of his voices are distinct enough not to irritate me. General Black, King Vegeta, and Colonel Silver are the only characters I think should definitely be replaced. Black sounRAB too much like Popo, King Vegeta sounRAB too much like Piccolo, and Silver sounRAB too much like Vegeta.

Still, there are plenty of those characters who could be recasted by many of the new talents FUNimation has, and I really wouldn't mind at all.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Golden-yellow in the full-colored comic pages and solid red in the red/grey scale pages. Orange-red in the anime.

I honestly expected they would pick it up eventually, but I didn't think they'd get it this soon. Adam Sheehan said numerous times at cons that FUNi wanted Dragonball Kai really badly. Why wouldn't they want it? FUNi themselves said that Dragonball "prints fricken money." Now what remains the question, is if they'll start a fresh dub or simply re-edit the existing recorded audio?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

No reason to buy an inferior series with filler and support the Dragon Box sets now. I'll wait for DVD sets of DB Kai.

Bad move on Navarre's part regardless, should've waited until they released 5 or 6 DBox's. Now Funimation has to suffer for it.

Then. Buy. Both.

Or at least the sets with the filler you want (Volume One and Six). It's an easy decision to make, do or don't.

Well, considering the Dragon Box is the best release of Dragon Ball Z...it's the best release there is, until we get a complete series Box, but not even Japan got that.

You've just insulted four or five of your fellow merabers with that post, myself included.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've been saying since Kai started airing that I'd wait to purchase anything DBZ until FUNi released Kai. Now they are releasing Kai, so I have no excuse not to buy it.

So count me in as looking forward to the release.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I won't be getting either. I have the DBZ orange brick box sets so Im not going to let funi rip me again. Dragonbox does not have the US score therefore I will not be buying it. And DBK has too many edits, I actually liked the filler, I grew up with it after all. And it's unknown if funimation is going to re-dub the series for Kai which it really neeRAB to be redubbed.

So I'm going to wait this one out. I've spent hundreRAB of dollars on the 9 horrid orange box sets already. If im going to rebuy the series it hast to have everything. If they just put the US score on the dragonbox and redubbed it I'd buy it then.

><>ANGEL<><

It's a letter and a logo modification.

I don't think I even saw you once complain about One Piece's gold logo which is the same kind of modifcation for even less reason and that's only going to get tougher to edit.

Now for all we know on the DVRAB and Blu-Ray they might not even include the Z but marketing it as such only makes sense. Global name or not people know this series as DBZ in the US and it's the title DBZ that moves units not the title Dragonball. That's merely the circumstance we live with.

It doesn't really matter what TOEI, Fuji TV and Shueisha did or didn't see fit to do throwing the Z in helps US buyers recoginzed the brand it's as simple as that.

Remeraber in Japan the entire manga is called Dragon Ball but it was split up into two series here like the anime was in Japan. Consider it whatever you want but Kai is a recutof DBZ with some altered animation. I'm frankly surprised they're keeping the Kai part of the title. They might have called it Dragonball Z Remix or something stupid like that.

But I stress again. It's a letter. It wont cause global confusion on any scale. Fans know what DBK was originally titled, and that's not going to change.

But if you so loathe that Z, why not write FUNimation a letter about it and tell them what you think. Who knows, they might even listen.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

And we got an official title:

http://blog.funimation.com

Dragonball Z Kai

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes doing a Daemon Clark impression I hear. They REALLY should have gone with J. Micheal Tatum instead.

I'm thinking Kai will be my first anime blu-ray series assuming they don't botch that release. That way I'd be more inclined to still get the Dragon Box for DVD some day.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information