Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Chu-Bra!" Talkback

Why is it that the new series of the season with the most posts in its talkback is the one that the most people hate? So yeah, I watched the first 2 episodes. I guess it could have been worse, but it was still a show about 12-year-old girls' underwear...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Chu-Bra!" Talkback

I think I've found my problem with this show. It's the exact same problem that NC was having with the Junior review. It's kinda boring. I thought a show about an underwear club would be a laugh a minute or insanely stupid ecchi. But it's neither. It's just boring. They're playing forming an underwear club incredibly straight...which is boring. It should be at least a little funny, but it's not....it's boring.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Chu-Bra!" Talkback

Episode 3:
    "A Windy Day"

Another okay-ish episode, but the series is really getting mysterious, and that actually makes me anticipate the next episode. At least it's trying okay on building up plot (or, dare I say, plots)

Thing is, the show is trying to be this: (yes, the image is from Arrested Development, being a huge fan of that show, whatnot)

...Which doesn't bother me, but I feel like it's trying too darn hard.

People won't take an underwear club seriously, which builts up Narm. I can't tell if it's trying too hard, or trying to hard, that it's making it laughable.

I actually don't mind the drama, but some other people will look at it the other way, but I won't blame them.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Chu-Bra!" Talkback

Gotcha this time...

Episode 4:
    "Our Respective Forms"

Haven't seen the episode...and for some reason, this reminRAB me of Zoolander...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Chu-Bra!" Talkback

^^Aren't we on episode 4?

What the hell was going on with the first part of this episode before the OP song? That was way too much drama. It don't belong in my ecchi

This show is trying my patience for the amount of ecchi I can stand honestly. And I watched Elfen Lied.

EDIT: Okay, the first line out of Kiyono's mouth has translated to me as "You know what garfield15? You should finish this."

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Chu-Bra!" Talkback

A lot of irls did attempt to join, they were just scared away by the fight, Principal! Right, guys?

(Nayu, Haruka, Yako and Komachi stay silent)

Come on guys, say something!

(they stay silent, I proceed to yell at the computer screen a lot)

Wow, that felt...pretty cool. It's weird that the scene after that goes back to a bit of humor. Shouldn't it be the oposite?

Also, there should be more male tsunderes in anime like this. I don't know why, but it's working for me. Female tsunderes are being a bit overused and are getting too loved.

One more thing about the end: wow, that was...a sudden "virgin" joke.

Don't worry, I fixed it as soon as you mentioned it.

Drama? It actually looked pretty freaky. It felt ike something out of Bakemonogatari.

I'm surprised that the first thing you could think of the cold opening is drama, and not Nightmare Fuel.

"Chu-Bra!" Talkback

Episode 5:
    "Between Adults and Children"

Komachi: If you can't make a club, make an appreciation society! Be a man and see it through!
    Nayu: I'd never be able to do it on my own... [beat] ...and I'm not a man, either.

Again, another great development episode. I wonder how an appreciation socity will do.

And while the series have been changing some people's minRAB in this and the previous episode, the next episode...well...could be a problem. Let's just say that they are gonna be the "Youth Gone Wild". Yes, I totally referenced that '80's metal song.

"Chu-Bra!" Talkback

Looks like it's just me and Meso again. Not like I blame anyone, I'm actually just watching this for completion sake and because it's crap, but not complete crap, just really boring.

While I enjoyed the family aspects of Nayu's life, this episode was kinda boring...until Kiyono showed up and made it interesting. Next week's a Kiyono episode.

(Showing a little too much skin there at the string part? It's like they held the camera shot there as long as possible.)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Chu-Bra!" Talkback

So...you don't care about great character development? Sorry to sound like a broken record, but it's true.

As mentioned before, I'm seriously worried about next week's episode. I have a very worried feeling Kiyono could ruin the series as soon as she does something naughty.

The ONLY thing that could make the episode worth it is if there's gonna be some great jokes. Then again, as soon as Kiyono spoke, she, like Nayu said, said some "outrageous things". She's pretty much right.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Chu-Bra!" Talkback

Episode 6:
    "Wild Adolescence"

Yeat another great episode. It was mostly naughty in the first half, but decided to play it a little better in the second half. Hopefully, the episode not having as much drama should be pleasable for most people.

The humor's improved, thankfully. This is what happens when GANSIS is involved, of course. The music felt a bit repetitive at times, I noticed. The show also continues to tease romance (and yes, they're all straight) into this.

Also, Nayu looking a bit angry was pretty cool, sadly, there's no image of her and Kiyono looking each other like they want to have a fist fight.

However, there is one really pointless scene involving Keigo (Nayu's stepbrother, of course). He does the laundry, prepares coffee, and that's it. I think that was a normal version of a Big Lipped Alligator Moment. Anywys, next week episode focuses on Komachi. It also pulls a Haruka Nogizaka (seriously though, the Christmas episode airing near Halloween still baffles me) by taking place on summer, even though we're barely ending winter.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information