Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Chu-Bra!" Talkback

Seeing as this is a series being streamed at Crunchyroll, I guess it wouldn't hurt talking about this one.

Episode 1:
    "The Girl With Adult Panties"

Now you migth be wondering, why am I watching this? 6 letters: GANSIS. After Kanamemo (as well as their involvement in Pani Poni Dash), basically, if they're involved, I'm anticipated for it. I really don't want to see it for it's fanserivce reasons, just to see if it's funny.
    Saw the first episode:
    It had a pretty good start, a majority of jokes were pretty funny, even the fanservice is done humororosly, and it's actually pretty funny as well. Also, I call Nayu the first ever "pantyologist".
    The only thing that bothered me was, well...what the heck's up with those scenes that include a goose and a dog? I mean, huh?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Chu-Bra!" Talkback

The dogand the duck were the funniest part of the episode...

"Chu-Bra!" Talkback

(Wow are we really doing this? )

The goose and the duck are the best characters.

I think I realized that I should probably stop watching when I got to elementary school Nayu wearing the garter. I really loved the guitars in the ED song though!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Chu-Bra!" Talkback

You're all wasting your time. They have So-Ra-No-Wo-To and Durarara. Your course is clear. Watching a show like this for comedy is like watching DBZ for romance.

That said, I shall leave this thread alone forthwith. Just saying.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Chu-Bra!" Talkback

I started yelling halfway through the first episode. Yeah...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Chu-Bra!" Talkback

I saw the first ep. and think that while it won't be any classic comedy it won't be as horrible as can be feared. The focus seems to be on the frienRABhip of the girls as it relates to panties, not the perversion of boys trying to look at, steal, sniff, etc. panties.

Because of the Random Curiosity blog recommendation of "Soro no whatever" as "best comedy 09" I tried watching that show and found it to be a horrible, unfunny waste of time but I think this promises to be at least a bit better.

Show featuring a perverted panty sniffer featuring a main female character with cow udder breasts
    vs.
    moderately endowed girls with a focus that sexy and appropriately designed panties aren't necessarily perverted (not that you as voyeur watching can't be interested).

First scenario, utter crap
    Second scenario, may fail if they focus falls from the girls to the panties.

I'd see this show comparing more to Girls High than Sora No...
    Not that I liked Girls HIgh, but it wasn't completely bad, and I disliked it because I disliked the characters, So far I like the three Characters from Chu-Bra more than the GH characters.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Chu-Bra!" Talkback

If we're talking Sora no Otoshimono, you really should give that two or three more episodes.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Chu-Bra!" Talkback

I got through 3 1/2, if the highlight of the comedy was apparently the exploding panties episode (which I couldn't stand for a second) I do not expect getting much out of it. I assume the background story of the angel girls gets better and maybe the kid learns to appreciate women a little more, but I was watching it for comedy and if I have to suffer through more of the cackling pervert idiot who strings panties like garland for a dramatic story that should be secondary to the comedy, I 'm not yet lining up my queue.

I may actually watch more, but give me a bit more time to lower my standarRAB.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Chu-Bra!" Talkback

I don't think you're being dishonest, I just think you're very much looking in the wrong place for what you want. If Haruka 2 was disappointing, I can't see this being more satisfying ultimately. But it's your choice of course.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Chu-Bra!" Talkback

Well, see Meso, that's the thing. All of those shows you mention do not have the eye candy as it's main appeal (well, I don't know about Chobits ). It's main appeal is the story/fan reaction. Also, I'm pretty sure that a story that has fanservice involving middle schoolers as it's main selling point is going to raise more than a few eyebrows.

At the other end of the spectrum, how do you think I, a fan of Strike Witches and Sky Girls feel when I see people look at it as moe bait/trash. I honestly wonder if people have actually seen these shows so that an appropriate opinion can be formed. To be honest, besides the fact that it's on CR, that's the only reason I watched this in the first place. To be aware of what I was getting into.

Counter-example is that "Baka to Test" show which I thought was going to be moe trash but ended up incredibly enjoyable.

(I'm gonna make a Durarara talkback!)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information