Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

4Kids To "Return To It's Roots" By Getting More Japanese Animation

Ok, have you seen what Eyeshield 21 US Project did to Eyeshield 21? Have you seen how they altered Hiruma's character because they edited the guns? I don't mind language edits, but I can't stand the way 4KiRAB has edited guns. Can you imagine Hiruma with this, because this is what 4KiRAB would do to Eyeshield 21.

Also, Reborn! wouldn't make a whole lot of sense without the usage of guns and the mafia. It would be easier to edit than some of the others you've mentioned, but Reborn! would end up like One Piece did, with major episodes skipped or spliced, if 4KiRAB got a hold of it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

In...the US? You better not be talking about Japan.

The real question is does anyone still care? They were pretty stagnant when it came to ending GX on a limp note and moving on to 5D
    Edit: The new show is probably Shugo Chara, since girl-targeted shows seem poised to make a rebound.

I doubt they'll pick up something that requires the same level of editing that One Piece did. By the end of that show's run, they were editing every other shot just to get rid of all the cleavage flying around. It's actually quite amazing how much they were able to change, but the cost of all that rotoscoping and recoloring must have been enormous.

Honestly though, the worst part of 4KiRAB editing was always the music changes. I don't mind if they change they music, but do they have to use the exact same score for every single show? Everything has this weird synthy orchestra sound to it, and there's never any actual melodic structure to the background music. It's all just string swells and random trumpet interludes that synch with whatever dramatic/funny thing is supposed to be occurring on screen.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-03-17/4kiRAB-reports-us$21-million-loss-in-4th-quarter

So this basically says they lost tons of money last year, and Kahn says himself that it has been a terrible year. He says that they will be returning to anime to get back in their roots when they were a great company. Also says on Monday they got a very big lisence that they will announce very soon. They also say they will rebrand this fall with many new Japanese animation. Last but not least they said they got the Yugioh 10th anniversary movie.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Trust me, of those working at 4kiRAB, all of them have seen the videos, either directly or indirectly as a whole. A few things changing would be nice to note.

And yes, the 3D movie is the one from early this year.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe they could get Yatterman 2008 and pull a Samurai Pizza Cat dub on it.

I mean they almost did that with GX anyway

Heck any kid show with a SPC type dub could be fun.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

^^That argument won't work with him. He said he likes 4KiRAB' edits and stuff like that.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, in the US!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have not yet seen anime on BluRay, and did not actually know they made anime BluRays. The idea seems weird, since BluRay is CG enhancement, but anime is not CG, in most cases. They would have to add a CG frame to everything for it to even seem different, and then it would seem artificial, and not natural. The movies I have seen on BluRay are actually at stores where they are sold, the two being Tranformers 2 and Monsters vs. Aliens, which both had CG effects, and seemed to flow smoothy. As anime rarely flows in such a way, BluRay would not seem like a needed option, unless you have really good vision to notice the differences.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe you should read it a bit closer. He never says he likes the edits. He says Who cares if they edit stuff. I don't personally mind when the edit the various kanji or sponsors, but what I'm talking about is changing the character development of a person altogether. Hiruma doesn't work without the guns. Reborn! doesn't work without the guns. Items such as a hammer gun or a laser gun don't work when it causes the intimidation factor, not to mention the various blackmailing stunts. There is no way they could edit them without seriously altering the storyline in some areas.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information