Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    fargo62

Some Possible Helps for Acid Reflux

I have a couple of simple suggestions which are natural and which may help the acid reflux. I used to take Prevacid daily until I discovered how they work which I didn't like. I first used a supplement I read about in a magazine that is made from orange peel - I think it is orange peel extract. I took that for a month and then I also use organic apple cider vinegar before meals. If I was even 1/2 hour late taking Prevacid, I knew it - and I now no longer have to use it just from taking the orange peel extract for a month and then using the ACV. Try it - it sure can't hurt.

sdown63

Where can you get orange peel extract ?I am in Canada.
    I have tried apple cider vinegar but there was no change.Also I tried prevacid,nexium but no relief and many others,I am trying ranitidine an old drug but helped a year ago.I have been scoped at both enRAB nothing was found wrong.They sampled my stomach for h. pylory but it was negative.What agravate my reflux the most is anything with sugar,1 candy will make it real bad.I eat rice for breakfast,potatoes and veggies and simple soups for lunch and supper,fatty food doesnt affect me at all.I have 3 bowel movements a day.I drink lactose free milk,I am not sure it helps.I am a manic depressive for 30 years,and have a heart by pass surgery.I also have a third of my body covered with psoriasis.As a result I take 12 kinRAB of medication(some 2 or 3 times a day.
    If some is on this list studies polypharmacy please comment,if this amount of medication can lead to acid reflux.

Sallu1

Hi Guys,

Having all these problems has anybody has gone to exercise regime to see if they have got any benefits.

I am going to start Yoga after 10 days now to get rid of this Acidity Bus. I have done yoga past few months back which really was helping a lot giving me strength from anxiety worries n all. I hope it is very much curable problem if We do regular exercise and walk.

The constiption sufferers my advice will be to have some raisins everyday and coconut water everyday first thing in the morning rather than having tea.

I am going to get six pack soon to get rid of this abdomen related issues. lol

Ryoung2525

Gentille,
    You mentioned something about your acid reflux gets worse when your bowels are trying to move. I have something very similar to this that the doctors are baffled about. Could you explain in more detail what happens to you when you get this problem?
    Thanks,
    Bob

iaacog

I too have suffered from reflux for several years. I prefer not to do drugs. I go to an alternative health Dr. and I try to use natural stuff whenever I can. I can't tell you how many natural treatments I got from people. I tried so many. Some were so nasty, I think they were worse than the reflux. I was told that Tums if the worst thing you can take. I had several health care people tell me that heartburn and reflex is caused by a LACK of acid. So when you take things like Tums or RolaiRAB you are making the condition worse. Any way, I discovered something by accident that has helped me greatly. I was looking for healthy snack to eat. I started to eat "Just Apricots". They are dried Apricots you can get through your local health food store. After I started eating them I discovered that when I was having attacks I would eat a small amount and the pain would go away. I guess they have just enough of the right kind of acid in there to fix the problem. I don't know if it will help anyone else but it has helped me a lot so I thought I would share in the hopes it could help someone. Not only does it seem to help but they taste better than Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar, Barley power and endless other things I have tried.
    Cheryl

wormiesaber

Have you tried taking protonix? This a prescription drug more powerful than over the counter anti aciRAB. I took this for over a year and it helped tremendously. I also put myself on an oatmeal diet and it is terrific for digestive disorders like this. I eat 2-3cups of oatmeal (plain oatmeal, not the flavored kind) a day. Probiotics works great too, but you have to take protonix too. Over-the-counters aren't always strong enough.

Red60

I believe my pain is caused from forward head posture and a mildly winged scapula. After having constant upper back pain for a few months I received some physical therapy and it helped a great deal. Ultrasound Therapy and manual massage both provided me with temporary relief and made it possible to begin longer lasting rehab. Since receiving the PT I'm much better but every now and then I do something that flares it up again. It normally takes a week or two to get back to normal.

it's pretty easy to tell if you have FHP and the PT is straight forward. Basically you have to work on your posture, stretch the chest muscles and strengthen the muscles of the upper back. Don't make the mistake that I did and stretch your back when you have pain in the back. I learned that the pain is from the back being over stretched so more stretching although it seem like the thing to do is not a good idea. If you have access to a physical therapist they can evaluate your symptoms and posture and teach you how to correct your posture. If you don't have access to a PT then there is a lot of good self help info on FHP available on the net.

Good luck and if you have any other question let me know.................Red

BFYankee

Hi, I am new at this board, but I can't believe how much of what you said is true....I suffer from gastritis, burning in the gut.. thats what my doctor calls it....right now I am on Protonix too..just started but I also suffer from constant stress...I know we all do but I also am blessed with a genetic condition of aniexty,...worry too much I have been told but its true.....hope that hearing your stories will help, BFYankee......

apriljudy

I have the same problem. Actually I've had the symptoms off and on for years. I just never had a name for it. In past years it was less frequent, so I didn't go to an MD for it.

The phlegm drives me nuts. I'm constantly trying to 'get it down' and swallow it, or to 'get it up' to expel it. I can't do either. I find that I get short of breath when I have the phlegm for any extended period of time. It seems to interfere with my trachea. It comes and goes, sometimes it lasts for several days, sometimes it only for a few hours at a time. I, too, am constantly clearing my throat. I've been taking Prilosec 2X a day for about 7 months. I really don't believe that Prilosec is helping to clear it. I do find that when I'm active, walking, or golfing, it seems to clear. Or, maybe I don't dwell on it. I also find that it is exasperated by nerves, or anxious feelings.
    I just take it one day at a time. Judy

TEdds83

HI Sallu! Yes I think exercise can only help the acid reflux problem. I have lost 11 pounRAB since Noveraber and have changed my diet radically. I have minimal symptoms...I mean they are bearable. I think as a loose they other 20 off my stomach it will help my reflux. I really think mine is weight and stress. I can't wait to have a flat stomach. I am not gonna give up. You can do it too!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information